Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie cash games

Options
  • 08-06-2004 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I'm new-ish to poker - been playing online a bit, been into the fitzwilliam a couple of times etc. However, before heading in there again I'd like to get some more experience of live games. You lot sound like good fun, and I'm sure I'd enjoy giving you my money!! :o) Anyway, I was wondering, where abouts do ye normally play your cash games? I'm living in North Strand at the moment, and would like to join in with some of your games if ye'll have me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

With the BSOP going on now each weekend, there's usually an alcohol-fuelled trashtalk-compulsory cash game after each heat ends. Usually starts 3 hours or so after the heat.
    So far we've played €5 gets you 1000 chips, blinds are unchanging at 25-50. They tend to be fairly loose affairs, good craic, friendly 99% of the time :ninja:

The most you'll spend is €30-€40 but that's only if you're as loose as Mr Pudding on laxatives and as unlucky as DeV and his bad-beat archive. Don't get in a pot with Iago as he'll outdraw you on a gutshot straight and needle you about it aftwards.

Don't let henbane or DapperGent drink more than 1 can per hour. DO NOT OPEN A BOTTLE OF GIN!! Can't stress that enough.

Pm any of the hosts of the Heats, they'll let you know if they plan to let us stay for hot cash game action after the heat ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Yeah, I wouldn't mind some cash games. I think a different kind of skill shines in cash games. There tends to be allot more reading taking place playing with the same table compared to people chopping and changing and getting knocked out in tournies. I'd be up for a pure cash game night.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

Cheers lafortezza. I'll chance that sometime, and possibly drop in after the heat to spend some money!!

Originally posted by cormie
    Yeah, I wouldn't mind some cash games. I think a different kind of skill shines in cash games. There tends to be allot more reading taking place playing with the same table compared to people chopping and changing and getting knocked out in tournies. I'd be up for a pure cash game night.

I like the sound of that - even for just a few hours. I would be interested in getting in on the heats too - though I think I missed out on that - saw a post about possibly having an extra heat per month and didn't get a reply in! D'oh!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I've given up playing Poker, far too stressful...
    originally posted by Lafortezza

Don't get in a pot with Iago as he'll outdraw you on a gutshot straight and needle you about it aftwards.

I think that's a bit unfair tbh, I never go for gutshot straights...3 running cards for a flush, now that's a different story...

and pretty much only when I'm up against DeV, it's just tooooo tempting :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I will have a hot cash game this Sat kicking off 7 or 8 in the evening. I will try to get a handle on how many heat players are going to stay on. I will certainly welcome anyone if I have the space.

MrP

Originally posted by MrPudding
    I will have a hot cash game this Sat kicking off 7 or 8 in the evening. I will try to get a handle on how many heat players are going to stay on. I will certainly welcome anyone if I have the space.

MrP

If there had been space that certainly would have been perfect for me....but for the fact that I'm going to The Pixies gig this w/end - some people call it the Chilli Peppers gig....not me though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

Originally posted by dirkey_wynne
    Pixies gig this w/end - some people call it the Chilli Peppers gig....not me though!!

Here here

Advertisement