Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie prizemoney table

• 08-06-2004 5:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭

first time on the board just reading through a lot of posts talking about prizemoney taken by boards members how about having a table of some sort

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Firstly... who are you? Call me curious but I dont much care for talking to anonymous people :p

Secondly I think Hyzepher was trying to get something like that going. But it really depends on how many times you play a week.
    I play probably 2-3 times a week (both 20-in's and a freeroll) so my weekly outgoings on Poker is about 100-180 a week these days. Is it fair to compare my 3500 winnings with someone who has 2000 in winnings but only plays once a month?

Off the top of my head the prize for most money won is definitely Davey Devils with his two wins at the 250 game. He has to be on 10K now this year...

If you look at the number of cash tournies won, I think I'm marginally the leader there with 6. If you added in the freerolls and counted winning a ticket as a "win" (which in reality it is!) then I think Davey Devil and I are neck and neck. I've won three 250 tickets and sold a couple of 100 tickets. I think I've got a count of 11 wins if we count them too... Davey has at least 5 ticket wins too and may well have more I dont know about.

After that Whiteshadow won a good bit at the last big game. Luke has winnings into 4 figures as does Hyzepher (especially after Sundays big win!). After that there is a pack chasing with a good number of tickets and wins between them.

Did I miss anything? This is all from memory so sorry if I forgot anyones gigantic mega-win :)

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Much as I'd have loved to win the 250 twice it was only once, I was second in January. I've no ticket for this month's tourney and time's running out. Gotta make a big effort this Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Originally posted by DeVore
    Firstly... who are you? Call me curious but I dont much care for talking to anonymous people :p

A Céad Mile Fáilte you can only get at boards.ie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

Where do youse all play on thursday night. Two of us here in belfast are going down to dublin on thursday and would like to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

the fitzwilliam card club on fitzwilliam street just off baggot street. you can get information here: www.fitzwilliamcardclub.com

you should check out the sticky at the top of the forum which gives a few good tips for the thursday night tournament.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

If you look at the number of cash tournies won, I think I'm marginally the leader there with 6.

As of last night I have 7 money placings to my name, 2 of them being outright wins (so I still have a bit of catch up to get anywhere near 6).
    I have never won a ticket (unless you count a Bubble entry).

Record so far in The Fitz.:

1. Sunday night tournament (07/03/04, weekend Gutshot team were over)
    Second place, €325.00

2. Wednesday night tournament (late April ?)
    Did deal with Teddy (one of the shareholders), €600.00

3. April Bubble tournament (some Saturday in April)
    Split 4 ways, €250.00

4. Sunday night tournament (16/05/04)
    Outright win, €1250.00

5. Wednesday night tournament (19/05/04)
    Did deal with Killian (?), €700.00

6. Sunday night tournament (23/05/04)
    Outright win, €800.00

7. Monday night tournament (07/06/04)
    4th place, €300.00

Total winnings: €4225.00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

could someone please explain what you're all talking about bubbles for? :)

Originally posted by cormie
    could someone please explain what you're all talking about bubbles for? :)

The Bubble tournament is a (once a month) consolation tournament for people who finish just outside the prize money in the nightly tournaments in The Fitz.
    For example, if there are five cash prizes on a given night and you finish in sixth place, you qualify for the Bubble.

A small amount of money (€20) is skimmed off the prize pool of each tournament (except maybe the free entries).
    Prize pool for the Bubble tournament is €1000.00, with prizes allocated as follows:
    1st €400, 2nd €300, 3rd €200, 4th €100.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

You don't get a bubble tournament place for finishing just outside the ticket placings in the freerolls.
    There's usually about 3 tables worth of names for the bubble tournament but the majority don't turn up, the time I played there was only about 15/16 players there.

For each bubble position you finish in during the month you get 1000 chips, so while me and most other were sitting there with 1000 chips, Norman had about 5000, the Fitz must love him...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

The thing that annoys me is there is no bubble for the bubble tournie. Missing the money by one in the bubble tournie would be hugely annoying.

MrP

• Advertisement

Originally posted by MrPudding
    The thing that annoys me is there is no bubble for the bubble tournie. Missing the money by one in the bubble tournie would be hugely annoying.

MrP

Maybe they should have a double Bubble tournament for the last loser each month!
    That way, you would be sure of at least a second place finish.
    ;)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Samson, I misled you (and also forgot about your recent charge up the winners list... you seem to have cured your case of going out first hand at the final table). You should claim a win for any time you are in the final deal done around the table for the cash. ie: you get down to 3 and a deal is done to split the top three prizes, you should consider that a win even if you play on for a pittance to see who "won".
    At least thats how I'm defining it... you've a hell of a record lately!

DeV.

Has anyone done anything *interesting* with their prize money? not just bought pints or shite like that, something constructive or odd..?

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

*lol* I got a filling done does that count? :)

Originally posted by lafortezza
    Has anyone done anything *interesting* with their prize money? not just bought pints or shite like that, something constructive or odd..?

I gambled most of mine away in Atlantic City.
    I spent what was left on hoors and cocaine.
    Easy come, easy go.

Since my company decided it didnt have to pay me once I had been out for 4 weeks and since I'm not black or poor and was self employed, I got fncked in the ass hard by the Social Welfare who told me to go sing for any support. I decided to play poker instead!

Mostly I paid the rent and my bills and debts but I brought my parents out for a few dinners too.

DeV.

You should claim a win for any time you are in the final deal done around the table for the cash. ie: you get down to 3 and a deal is done to split the top three prizes, you should consider that a win even if you play on for a pittance to see who "won".

Ha, no wonder you have yourself down for so many wins. If 2 teams draw a game, nobody wins - it's a draw. In my opinion by making a deal you forefit the right to call it a win. That's one of the reason's I never do a deal. I respect anyone's decision to make a deal but a win is a win and a draw is a draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭whiteshadow

I've no ticket for this month's tourney and time's running out. Gotta make a big effort this Thursday.

sure haven't you got yourself a bankroll now...cheap b@stArd!!! :D

Davey, if you take money from the Fitz.... would you say "I won 500 quid last night!" or would you say "I drew 500 quid last night?"

I will always make a deal if its reasonable and I havent got 2x their chips or more.

I wasnt making myself out to have won more then I have, I could just lie if I wanted to do that! :) I was clarifying how I was deciding what was a "win" and what wasnt.
    If we exclude tickets and deals then I have 2 tournament wins outright, however that hardly shows the real score for any of us then does it? Whiteshadow would have NO wins despite "winning" quite a chunk of cash...

How do you rate ticket wins then... say there are 4 tickets and it comes down to it and you get one... would you say you have "won" a ticket? Is that classed as a win? Does the fact that its not cash alter its standing?

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

My figures are pretty pathetic when placed against the rest of you, but then I do love chasing those flush draws :D

I've played in about 12 tournaments in the Fitz so far and finished on the final table 4 times, only 3 of those times did I actually get any money, and only 1 of those 3 was a reasonable amount!!

So my total winnings are €510 and a bubble :) hardly enough to make anybody quake in their boots, but it's a beginning...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Win, draw, steal, con, find or cheat - money coming in is all good - be thnakful for that regardless of who is the 'best', 'has most money' etc.

jeez next there will be no bad beat stories only bad win stories.

Hyzepher

As far as I'm concerned I've only won 1 tournament, tickets don't count as you don't get any money. You can 'win' €3,500 but only come 2nd. Just as if you tie for first, you win money but you haven't won the tournament.

Originally posted by Davey Devil
    As far as I'm concerned I've only won 1 tournament, tickets don't count as you don't get any money. You can 'win' €3,500 but only come 2nd. Just as if you tie for first, you win money but you haven't won the tournament.

all this talk of winning. You win the tournament. You earn the money, that's how I see it. It's not like a raffle where you win money, it takes skill. Let's hope I'm not all talk at the end of the month! oooh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I just counted over the last 3 months.

In total I put 140 quid into Poker
    I made a total of 200 quid

60 Quid profit, I'm fairly chuffed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭biteme

looking at this you'd think no one is losing money with poker

Lets just say I should never go back to the 50 Omaha/Hold'em POT limit games. And empire poker live cash games. Just don't have the bank roll! But don't worry, I know what not to play now. So it's all profit from here on... I hope;)

Originally posted by cormie
    Lets just say I should never go back to the 50 Omaha/Hold'em POT limit games.
    What was your bankroll when you played that? Tell me it wasn't €50....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Originally posted by lafortezza
    What was your bankroll when you played that? Tell me it wasn't €50....

Most of the people I have spoken to that play is this game will sit down with at least 500.

MrP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I won a ticket to the big Thursday game once. Apart from that and mostly evening out on cash games I haven't won a thing.

In a way I'm glad I haven't won as I'm the type of person that would get hidiously in debt and would eventually have to sell my ass on the streets. And I'm never doing that aga...

*Ahem*

PLAYER GONE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

um, up about a hundred quid since I started playing two months ago, only entered two cash-paying competitions so far. Mainly playing free-rolls and home-games, but now that I'm working again, it's gonna be 100 euro freeze-outs a-go-go.

Advertisement