Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

isdn

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

if you are not planning on using a flat rate package, be carefull coz its scary how much the charges mount up when you are paying per minute to access the internet, avoid peak time at all costs. Cheapest could be oceanfree. It would be worth your while getting a weekend job to pay for your flat rate isp bill if you cant afford it at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,571 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

you see i got the radeon x800 my mother got it for me and im paying her back bit by bit ,im starting work with a electrian soon ill be working with him for a month so pay back my mam then isdn here i come

yo whats broadband like over tv cable with ntl .if i cant get broadband in my area could i get that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

ISDN will be a godsend to you compared to 56K but you have to make sure you get a decent modem and ISP to go with it or it will be similar to your 56K experience sadly - especially if you use the modem provided. I play ut2k4 and get 50-120pings to most of the servers in the eu, same for cs/ns hl mods and most games. Battlefield seems to need two lines to be playable but that 56K option might help - cheers for the tip Jim.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

snoopdog, - cable is availabe to a very select few, only crumlin, walkinstown, templeogue, tallaght and parts of lucan can avail of ntl cable..... the other oasis is dungarvan in waterford where they got 9mbs cable.... outside of the above the rest of us struggle on 56k dialup/isdn and limited dsl availability.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭neXus9

Originally posted by Gonzo
    Cheapest could be oceanfree.
    Aren't utvip the cheapest at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by Gonzo
    snoopdog, - cable is availabe to a very select few, only crumlin, walkinstown, templeogue, tallaght and parts of lucan can avail of ntl cable..... the other oasis is dungarvan in waterford where they got 9mbs cable.... outside of the above the rest of us struggle on 56k dialup/isdn and limited dsl availability.
    You forgot Longford.

yer forgot about longford..... as for utvip that doesnt come into the equation.... it wud defeat the purpose of someone splashing out on isdn to get a good ping for gaming - utv = gamers hell. I tried utv when i had isdn and it was nothing short of awfull.

i email esat about them taking up the isdn rental line they got back to me today saying that they will be in a position to offer line rental to their customers staring the 1st of september

great news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

that is great it was only ment to be in about 2 years ago

• Advertisement
Advertisement