Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excel 'comment' question.

Options
  • 08-06-2004 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭

In Excel there is a facility to add a 'comment' to a cell - usually looks something like a yellow 'post it' note when your mouse hovers over the cell in question.

The area of this comment is set as a default but can be reduced/increased manually.

What I was wondering is there anyway to get excel to AUTOMATICALLY resize the area of the comment to fit around whatever amount of text it holds?

I've checked 'help' and it doesn't seem to have anything other than the manual method. I've also checked google too at this point but no luck.

All advise/suggestions gratefully recieved.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

When you in the comment box hit delete and it will kinda word wrap around your text. It will delete the extra space.
    Its not perfect but it works.
    There is a way to word wrap but i never found it other than above.
    kdjac

Advertisement