Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Americas Army,Need Password

Options
  • 08-06-2004 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭

Just downloaded Americas Army but cant register because "Sorry, Account Managment is down for matenince" anyone get a name and password handy so I can try out a bit of the multyplay?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Gah it's been down all weekend, the signups only came back today and even still it's crashing.
    I lost all my training stuff because they must have restored a backup from before I joined.
    Downloaded it on monday, still haven't been able to play it online :/
    So frustrating, I'm half thinking of uninstalling it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

Originally posted by SantaHoe
    So frustrating, I'm half thinking of uninstalling it.

Mine's uninstaled:D

Managed to sign up there yesterday but couldnt join any game because of the training. Damn thing locked up every time I tried single play.

Before I downloaded I though I could just use a crack for the training :dunno:

The whole tone of it was pissin me off anyway given the current situation.

tis gone now :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Wow! Imagine that, the game weeds you out before you play the game, never mind before visiting your local US Army recruitment location. ;)

Originally posted by bus77
    Managed to sign up there yesterday but couldnt join any game because of the training. Damn thing locked up every time I tried single play
    Well I managed to sit through the training crap, played it online today - and oh my GOD it's the most dull game ever.
    Reminds me of Day Of Defeat, only slower and less fun.
    You haven't missed anything tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

nah its not that bad.

the registration/training is a nightmare, but i seemed to jamboat myself through it.

It's a hard game and u need to get used to sitting out and watching what better players do if you want to get good at it.

Not really a pick up and play type of game, but it is worth it if you put the hours in to get used to it.

What it's very good at is making u generally scared when bullets are flying round - cause if u get shot u have to sit out. Ads a lot of tension and a lot of skill.

also, TKers etc. get auto-kicked so there's very little messing.

also. its free.

• Advertisement

Hmmm, well there's always Counter Strike if I want that risk-of-floating-around-dead-for-five-minutes kinda tension ;)
    I don't like crawling along carefully just to be blown up with a grenade or shot by a sniper I didn't see, in real life you wouldn't mind because you'd be dead, but having to float there for 5 mins thinking about it is just sickening.

Actually I think they should have your players whole life flash before his eyes every time you get killed, would at least add some entertainment value.

It's one of those games that I want to like because it's well done, but don't because I spend more time dead than doing something interesting.
    Such is being a n00b I suppose.
    hoo'aaah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

Originally posted by SantaHoe
    Actually I think they should have your players whole life flash before his eyes every time you get killed, would at least add some entertainment value.
    hoo'aaah

Jesus thats a good idea, If not your whole life flashing before your eyes ;) at least have the lead up and the way you got killed shown to you while you wait, shot at various angles and from the other guys view.
    Would be especially good for games like battlefield 1942 :D

God yeah, I like that idea even more... because sometimes you're left wondering where the hell the guy who killed you was, and how he managed it... would be really nice to be able to freeze the action and look around... I wouldn't imagine it'd be that hard to do really when you look at the action-replay feature from GTA:Vice City, it's more or less the same thing.
    I still haven't played BF19 yet... think I'm the only person on the intarweb who hasn't :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

have the lead up and the way you got killed shown to you while you wait, shot at various angles and from the other guys view.

thats in call of duty multiplayer i think.

Advertisement