Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12 hours

Options
  • 08-06-2004 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭

12 hours and counting...............................................................

.....................................im off to bed anyway

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Yeah, I'm goin to bed too.

G'luck all.

Heres hoping we all know enough.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Off to bed at 21:05? Madness. I've gotta stay up to watch 24. Bed about 23:30, probably won't be able to sleep untill around 00:30 though. Kind hard to believe it's only 43200 seconds away.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

Yeah 24 is a must. I'll do another bit of poetry, maybe flick through some Macbeth notes, and read my comparative again.
    Might get up early to refresh the memory, and get an extra prayer in for Theme/Issue. I hate the idea that my paper is just sitting somewhere with all the questions on it waiting for me to read it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

"is this english paper two which i see before me, the macbeth question toward my eyes?..............................or art thou but a paper of the mind, a false creation, proceeding from the exam-oppressed brain?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

"Noble Banquo"... oh wait thats it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Well.. I'll be up to at LEAST 3am. I hope you all get SARS tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 mattg

*GULP*

Im starting to get nervous now...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

remember,if you fail, YOUR WHOLE LIFE TO THIS DATE WAS A WASTE

..Im not looking forward to taking it next year.
    But really, best of luck.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Last year before the LC i didn't sleep til 2am.

I'm hoping it'll be earlier this time.

G'luck ppl.

...........................if only life was like groundhog day the film

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

It's funny how I managed to study so much without actually retaining any information.

10 hrs 54 mins and counting...............................

Originally posted by Crucifix
    It's funny how I managed to study so much without actually retaining any information.

Yeah, it's great, isn't it? Going through pages and pages of notes, and forgetting you've ever even seen them before when you go back to them. If it wasn't for my insanely psychedelic orange highlighter, i'd just be going over the same page again and again and again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Burago

Originally posted by CuLT
    Last year before the LC i didn't sleep til 2am.

I'm hoping it'll be earlier this time.

G'luck ppl.

I fellow repeater! Luckily I only have to do higher English. I started studying for it less than two weeks ago and have taken a few gambles but all I need is a C3. I'll definitly be up late, my freshly purchased 'Macbeth' video awaits! Good luck people, as someone with experience of the exam I can honestly say that it's a lot of hype and isn't really that hard:)

well i cant wait til this time tommorow when ill be toastin marshmallows and sausages over my english notes and books............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Burago

Originally posted by Healio
    well i cant wait til this time tommorow when ill be toastin marshmallows and sausages over my english notes and books............

I had to buy most of mine last week! I'm bringing them to a second hand book shop and getting pissed on the proceeds:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭stuey

if kavangh doesn;t come up im so screwed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Good night, sleep tight, get up early, CRAM LIKE HELL, and enjoy the exam... remember, just because no one hears you fart, doesn't mean you can't laugh about it while they suffer :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭stuey

i hope im not in the same exam room as you. you'll just be fartin away all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭blobert

Good luck all,

though if you are reading this there's a good chance you are going to do terribly seeing as you should be studying:)

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

A hex on you blobert! :)

I found this (below) inspiring; gives perspective and fixes frayed nerves. For me anyway :).

From my school...

desiderata.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Lantis

3 hours now, all...good luck again. To all of us.

...anyone giving last-minute grinds?

Originally posted by Lantis
    ...anyone giving last-minute grinds?

Just realised that I don't know how to write a speech or start a debate. Last minute googling is never good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

its 8:12, and i'm all prepared, C'MON YA BASTARDS! DO YOUR WORST! Wait, no NO NOOOO, don't do your worst! BE nice to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

@ CuLt,
    Got one of those in the letter box the other day, brought a tear to my eye 'twas so beautiful and inspiring.

Advertisement