Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL BB Problem - Can't connect.

• 08-06-2004 10:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭

The connections stalls on verifying username/password. Then it says the computer (on the other end) did not respond in a timely manner.

Usually restarting my computer fixes any problems. But this isn't going away. Is anyone else having trouble?

"Error 718: The connection was terminated because the remote computer did not respond in a timely manner..."

Dam, 56K is slow.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I had the same prob but its ok now....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

I just got on after several attempts.

I read the iolbb support forum and others had trouble with iolBB plus. Thats what I'm on.

http://boards.iol.ie/viewtopic.php?t=475

Apparently there is (or was) a problem. Hmm. I think I'll jump ship when my contract expires.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭tk123

We had no power there for abt an hour so maybe they're having a prob too in one of their exhanges.......? It always used to give me that username/password message when they were right thou...I've only had probs connecting this weekend...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

had the same problem there for a while about an hour ago from utv clicksilver...

DSL signal is coming in, but get a 718 error when trying to connect. eventually connected though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

I've had intermittent problems connecting last night & again this morning.

• Advertisement
Advertisement