Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North European Elections! Thursday 10th June

Options
  • 08-06-2004 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

I know Johnny already had a poll about this but i aint really asking about polls etc.

I want to know of those that actually can vote...will they vote? There is soo many people that I know, just will not vote yet people over the years (Not just through terrorist groups but also the likes of woman that campaigned and died for the right to vote).

Another good talking point is do people actually know WHAT they are voting for instead of WHO they are voting for?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

i not registered to vote but if i were to vote it would prob be for someone who is going to do whats best for N. Ireland, one question how do u actually register to vote i didnt get any forms in the post which other ppl seem to have gotten? also is it too l8 for me to be abke to vote?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Muzz

Yeah too late now. But that is typical of the majority of catholics dont vote because of what happened in the past. It aint actually the new generations fault, the past generations still living in the past. You can be sure that protestants are out in force.

I bet the majority that are going to vote will be doing so for the party...not for what the person will or will be trying to do for the north. Its a joke. You are voting for creed not for the actual manifesto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

dont judge ppl by ure own standards

Thats a great reply joe. Really worth that one more hit on your post count!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

Originally posted by Muzz
    But that is typical of the majority of catholics dont vote because of what happened in the past. It aint actually the new generations fault, the past generations still living in the past. You can be sure that protestants are out in force.

I think that this is the first time there was a bigger catholic turnout. Not sure but I think I caught something about that on the radio at work.

• Advertisement

Nope you are wrong there was more protestants turned out. A considerable margin of differnece.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

Must have misheard.

Advertisement