Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a hoax email??

Options
  • 09-06-2004 12:11am

my antivirus s/w kept finding infected files every time this was sent to my inbox. i never opened the attachment. this claims to be from MIcrosoft but i believe it is a new email virius

pls confirm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭shinzon

that is indeed a hoax mail, microsoft will never ever contact anyone by e-mail unless you bill gates grandmother or something

delete bin it and run a virus scan just to be sure

shin

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Nay. Its a total hoax. The following comes to mind. It's sometimes called the "Irish Virus".
    Dear dumb f**kwit.
    Since we can't properly design a proper virus, we're asking could you download + run this program.
    It'll install a key logger that'll take note & email me your credit card number.

Yours,
    Dumb f**kin script-kiddie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

That, in turn, reminds me of this: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You'd think the piss poor English translation, lack of localisation and informal nature would give people some idea as to the content of the mail but sadly not.

"Already 500.000 already infected!" is probably way underestimating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Personally I delete any email I don't recognise, especially if it has an attachement. My Virus checker, catches most of them though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement