Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mask

• 09-06-2004 2:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭

This has just made my night. What a cartoon.

Mask

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Gaz

Pffft ... have every episode on VCD , jealous ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Yes I am. Gotta track these down somehow. Although i think theyre being released on DVD in August.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

MASK is on Fox Kids every night at 9:30pm or thereabouts.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Originally posted by Squall
    Yes I am. Gotta track these down somehow. Although i think theyre being released on DVD in August.
    23/8/04. Order Volume 1 on play.com.
    *Points at my avatar* MASK, and VENOM, rulez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

'no one knows what lies behind the masqueraaadde..'

Brilliant stuff :)

msk_ani_jham1.gif
    msk_ani_gat1.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Mask had to be my favorite cartoon when I was growing up, I watch every night on Fox. I had all the toys aswell, Venoms helicopter was the best along with the mask truck. This Cartoon Truly Rules.

Shamon

Willem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

10.00 pm, Thursday night, Toonami :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Joe-Pie

Man, if I had digital I'd prolly be planning my week around that cartoon like a loser.
    I have 1 or 2 videos and loads of the toys. That was the best cartoon ever. Im so getting that DVD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

is this that jim carey thing? with the green head?

ooops just watched the clip. Have never seen that before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

My god, the theme music is far cooler than I remember :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Devilman

ahhh memories..

* goes to attic to get out Rhino and Jackhammer *

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Macseamusa

i still have that jeep/speed boat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/goes off to play mask by himself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

i think, i think im gonna cry.
    THAT RULED. I was getting tingles! God havent heard that song in ages, and although i was only a kid when i would've watched it (i had the truck) i still rememberd pretty much everything, esp that robot/motorbike. omfg, i want to watch it now.

cartoons are so ****e compared to the old days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

/me goes rummaging for thunderhawk & Outlaw (the big Venom oil-tanker) :D

Sweeeet sweet childhood memories!!!

Transformers still rules though .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dprior

ah mask what a great cartoon, if your looking to see some of the episodes for free check out http://pulse.wyldware.com/mask_frame.html click the files link and you can watch the first 6 episodes. ya need real player to watch tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭moggie

ah

mask
    saturday mornings, itself and pole position, star fleet and a few others

tracker
    and mayhem
    buddy hawks, t-bob and all the rest

yep, I had rhino,
    but it annoyed me the way all the star wars/battle star gallactica/star trek/action force figures were so much bigger....not to mention he-man, transformers and action man!! Playing armies sucked when ya got lumped with the mask toys, between the amassed toys of the estate were assembled there was quite a few...the dune buggy/glider, the wee green helicopter belonging to the musician, and jackhammer, pirannah, switchblade and boulder hill

we ended up loosing so many of their helmets (cos all prisoners were disarmed, one of these days I'm gonna dig up half that estate and find all those missing figures/guns/bits/pieces)

great wee toys:D :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

I loved that cartoon when i was younger i've flicked past it a few times on fox kids, but i must sit down and watch it, i still have the toys in their boxs in good condition as they were played with can't remember the names but i have the black jeep, the van with the plane inside it and the helicopter bike.

brings back sweet memories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Xerxes

Had some of the toys, Mask was good but would still be a close second to Transformers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Dancing duck

I never cared for the cartoon, and believe me I wanted to. The premise just seemed so lovely but then it never settled in my head.
    But don't let me rain on your parade...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by moggie

yep, I had rhino,
    but it annoyed me the way all the star wars/battle star gallactica/star trek/action force figures were so much bigger....not to mention he-man, transformers and action man!! Playing armies sucked when ya got lumped with the mask toys

But Transformers were planes and cars and trucks etc, so they should have been way bigger. He-Man figures were a problem though, they didn't fit in with the G.I. Joes and Star Wars figures, unless you used the bad guys cos then they were just big monsters.

Action Man sucked. Never got into that. Too much like a Ken doll for my liking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fjon

I remember receiving an email a few months ago with a link to a website full of theme songs to 80s cartoons. If anyone has it could they please post it here?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Did anyone try the G.I. Joe (or Action Force if we're being picky, or - if really picky - later on G.I. Joe: The Action Force) figures with Transformers? Were they proportionally the same size? I ask because they're part of the same continuity given the Transformers vs G.I. Joe comic book series that have existed....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭Thordon

Wow, I havent thought about that in years, I used to watch it all the time as a kid, love the theme song :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

OMG!!! Talk about Flashbacks!! I used to absolutely love Mask.

Strange seeing all those names again.
    Weird how I forgot all about it though! I wonder what else I forgot about my childhood?............~~~~No Father O'Brien, Noooooooooooooo~~~~~~~

Originally posted by fwk
    I remember receiving an email a few months ago with a link to a website full of theme songs to 80s cartoons. If anyone has it could they please post it here?

Don't know if it's the same one, but here ya go anyway!

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fjon

Thanks everyone - those websites are great!

Advertisement