Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone Clear FarCry Yet

Options
  • 09-06-2004 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭

Im stuck on Level Volcano. I open them big doors and just get the siht kicked out of me. Playing it on challenging and that leve is just to hard.

If anyone has completted the game how did you do the Volcano Level ?

What do you make of the game ? Did you enjoy it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I am on a level where you have to bring the nuke on a forklift into some big dome compound.. The game is pretty challenging alright, expecially the indoor levels containing the trigents. The outdoor levels with the mercs aint so bad as you can pick them off.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Originally posted by BadCharlie
    Im stuck on Level Volcano. I open them big doors and just get the siht kicked out of me. Playing it on challenging and that leve is just to hard.

If anyone has completted the game how did you do the Volcano Level ?

I shot a chair all the way down to the first sliding door so I could block it from closing. Then you just run inside and take out the big guys at your leisure. Great game, must play it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i got stuck on the 'boat' level... i can't seem to kill that mofo chopper before the boat sinks/i get killed:dunno:

afaik the 1.2 patch should be out in the next few days, i'll start playing it again once that's out

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by musician
    I shot a chair all the way down to the first sliding door so I could block it from closing. Then you just run inside and take out the big guys at your leisure. Great game, must play it again.

I'm stuck on the same level too.
    I tried dropping my MP5 at the door to stop it from closing, but it didn't work. Where the hell did you find a chair Brian?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Lol,i did it the exact same way aswell,there are 3 chairs in the ''gun cage'' just before you come to the door's that lead outside.You can move them by shooting them.The M60 and the OICW is best for taking out the big guys....just waste em as they come in the door.Fantastic game tbh.

CombatCow

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

What combatcow said - in the ammo room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Originally posted by tman
    i got stuck on the 'boat' level... i can't seem to kill that mofo chopper before the boat sinks/i get killed:dunno:

afaik the 1.2 patch should be out in the next few days, i'll start playing it again once that's out

I jumped off da boat and then swimmed over to the beach! then blast him from there with Rocket launcher! make sure to swim deep so he wont spot you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

You also need to hit him 6 to 8 times with your rockets to kill him.

Also after i finally cleared the game today "it was one hell of a fight as i did not use the chair trick so the doors closed behind me" i started the game again. I had cleared the game with all my details and pictures settings to medium, As the game is so laggy. Anyways i was reading somewhere today that you should turn shadow to low "which i did" and turn all the rest up to as high as you want "i put them up to the max". And the game plays so much much better and looks class, it seems that the shadow was what was slowing down my computer.

Hope that helps yee enjoy the game even more.

Computer spec
    Amd 2500+ @2100mhz
    ATI9800np

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Ye the helicopter part was the toughest part of the game I just went to the front of the ship and used the iron "box" (for the sail?, something like that) for cover you have to aim ahead of the chopper to be sure of hiting it. I hit it with 5 rockets on Normal before he went down: full on hits not "I think it hit him" hits - the rocket launcher could have been better (I would have loved the HL rocket launcher). As for the volcano as soon as you open the door crouch and take out the smaller monsters on both sides of you (the ones that can jump real high) using the sniper (they are on the platforms on either side) then three big guys start coming up to you from your right the first one you can machine gun down before he gets level with you the other two a combination of machine gun and shotgun takes them down. You just afto keep on moving back; after you sniped, get up go to your right kill the first big guys keep moving back/shooting them as the other two come up. Once they are finished there's just one more jumper and two more big guys to kill. They normally come out as you approach the big door opposite your entrance - you can snipe them no prob. Just dont rush down, that wont do, you have nearly finished the game - there are some dudes with rockets after you save which you can blow away with rockets and that's it. Fini.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by neilbrady79
    I jumped off da boat and then swimmed over to the beach! then blast him from there with Rocket launcher! make sure to swim deep so he wont spot you!
    you can jump off the boat?
    /me slaps forehead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭bambam

yeah, ASAP jump off the big boat. There is a smaller (wrecked) boat behind the big one. Head to it for some cover, and pick the chopper off with the rocket launcher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Fecks sake, i cant get past the damn volcano bit either, ill have to try the chair trick :dunno:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

On Volcano i did not have the sniper gun either which i think would have made it so much easyer.

What i ended up doing was hiding beside the control panel for the 2nd door you just opened. Sometimes the big guys would walk past and you shoot them in the head. After you kill them 3 or 4 its easy.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

To answer the original question – No. However, as I’ve been playing it a good bit lately, it’s a strong contender to be the only game I’ve actually finished in quite some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I finished it, the last area is a large open volcano with walkways over it (some are broken) is about as annoying and hard as anything ive ever played, its just over the top, smash-you-mouse kinda hard. When you have killed all the trigens, there is about a million army dudes with Rockets who are hiding. The end is a bit of a disapointment but the whole game is great.

That was on the 3rd hardest setting.

Sean

Originally posted by rabbitinlights
    When you have killed all the trigens, there is about a million army dudes with Rockets who are hiding.
    They are very easy to take out just empty 10 rockets into the concrete walkway and behind the blocks which they hide behind. It kills the whole lot of them, far easier then the trigens - the trigens didn't stand still and did attack you:D.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

[ SPOILER ] no spaces, put content here [ / SPOILER ]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Teddi

for an amazing game...

it had a S H I T E ending!!!

run into the room and shoot him with one shot?? a good anti-climax

apart from that....best game ive played in ages! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭clearz

Yep completted it in 3 days on the Vetran (Second Hardest) setting. I wish now I played it on realistic. Nobody could even come near me for those three days. The last game to do that to me was Half Life. I also agree with the last post 'What a ****E ending'

Oh yea Does anyone know WTF the Statistics Mode is about when you complete it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

For the last volcano bit you have to take out those small annoying jumping trigens first 'cause they'll eat your health up from long distances while you're trying to fight the fat rocket launcher trigens. You get a bit of time before the first big trigen comes at you so try to snipe as many of them as you can. The sniper rifle is essential here I don't know if i could have managed it without it. Was playing on challenging mode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

my load out was
    OICW, M60, Sniper and a rocket launcher that i had saved from waaay back at the gate armory.

fatties take two snipe headshots to kill, the jumpies are the biggest pain in the ass, especially on realistic as you lose about 60% health if they hit.

finishing the game on realistic is satisfying even with the shoddy end sequence.

The way I done it was to take advantage of a bad example of AI. There are two doors leading into the volcano core. The first closes and locks when you enter and the second will open and close when you go near it. Go out a small bit from the second door and let ONLY one of the rocket dudes see you then run back in and hide in the left cornor between the doors. Now the rocket dude will come right up to the other side of the door. Get the door to open but make sure he cant see you. If you can see a small bit of his arm or something keep shooting him there and he will happily stand there until he dies. Repeat with the other ones.

For the jumping guys use the sniper rifil and goggles from the ledge beside the door. If you zoom in using the goggles you can just about see them through fog.

Originally posted by Swifty
    For the last volcano bit you have to take out those small annoying jumping trigens first 'cause they'll eat your health up from long distances while you're trying to fight the fat rocket launcher trigens. You get a bit of time before the first big trigen comes at you so try to snipe as many of them as you can. The sniper rifle is essential here I don't know if i could have managed it without it. Was playing on challenging mode.
    <nods> Yep exactly how I did it those jumping w*nk*rs were tougher to take out then the Fat Boys the one at the very back was jumping everywhere - as soon as you trained your sights on him he was off! - they also had VERY good aim I was often killed by them without even leaving the entrance alcove:rolleyes:. Some dude through thick fog, 1/2 a klick away, can - with an SMG - hit you in the head :ninja: YE! Right!.

Originally posted by OfflerCrocGod
    Some dude through thick fog, 1/2 a klick away, can - with an SMG - hit you in the head :ninja: YE! Right!.

Yea but these dudes are genetially engineered. Maby they have enchanced vision. :)

Originally posted by clearz
    Yea but these dudes are genetially engineered. Maby they have enchanced vision. :)
    A Hubble Space Telescope in each eye?:D.

Originally posted by OfflerCrocGod
    A Hubble Space Telescope in each eye?:D.

Yea and one up their arse the way they keep jumping arround.

What is the statistics mode all about.

Originally posted by musician

Help! on this level but cant get the chair down!! do u just keep blasting it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,801 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I cant even start the game.
    It keeps on crashing after the opening scene citing memory errors.
    Dreadfully buggy game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Originally posted by MisterAnarchy
    I cant even start the game.
    It keeps on crashing after the opening scene citing memory errors.
    Dreadfully buggy game.
    I doubt its buggy, you probably just dont have enough ram.
    Still havent finished it yet tho :(

• Advertisement

All my mates have it and not one has had a problem....think the buggy part is it the system cant run it!! need alot of hardware!! class game!!

Advertisement