Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone Clear FarCry Yet

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I had lots of problems with far cry crashing - I have a gig of RAM and an ATI9800 pro. Turned out that disabling AGP fast writes in my BIOS fixed the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ian25

Another way of doing the boat level is to drive a humvee down onto the beach before you swim over to the boat.When the boat blows up ,just swim back to the humvee and take out crow with the machine gun :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Originally posted by Stephen
    I had lots of problems with far cry crashing - I have a gig of RAM and an ATI9800 pro. Turned out that disabling AGP fast writes in my BIOS fixed the problem.
    you can turn off fast writes in the ati control panel, i hear it makes alot of games crash, and the performance boost it gives on the games that DONTcrash is negligible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by ian25
    Another way of doing the boat level is to drive a humvee down onto the beach before you swim over to the boat.When the boat blows up ,just swim back to the humvee and take out crow with the machine gun :D.
    think i'll try that tonight:)
    i just assumed that any vehicles in the area would disappear

/edit
    you absolute ****ing legend, ian25:)
    that worked a treat for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ian25

Glad i could help Tman :D ,enjoy the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,801 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I doubt its buggy, you probably just dont have enough ram.

Ive 768Mb of 333Mhz Ram.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Originally posted by Deadwing
    you can turn off fast writes in the ati control panel, i hear it makes alot of games crash, and the performance boost it gives on the games that DONTcrash is negligible
    I heard it offered NO performace boost at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Finsihed last nite! finally got that chair down to the door! them little f**kers jumpin around with machine gun are serious hard to nail with sniper!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by OfflerCrocGod
    I heard it offered NO performace boost at all.
    think it only helps on 9600 series cards... that's what the omega drivers imply, anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

The amount of times i almost gave up playing Far Cry thinking i would never clear the level "lots". But i always found i would come back to the game after 2 hours or a day away from it and would some how complete the level.

• Advertisement
Advertisement