Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teamspeak for Viet-Navan

Options
  • 09-06-2004 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭

Lo.

I've set up a teamspeak channel for public games on Viet-Navan.

You can access it @ 194.145.128.111 / games3.iol.ie Port: 8767

The channel is called Viet-Navan - password is 'navan' (without quotes of course).

Luc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Panzer81

Come on, use it people!
    Free asset...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 spoungey

i'll start using it as soon as I get a decent mic, my current one sucks :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Please set up Teamspeak to use a key for talking, having it on voice activated all the time leads to echo and feedback. for other users.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Middle mouse button is perfect for it.
    Or F1

kdjac

Maybe we should use Teamspeak as a way to tell what TiG are about and interested in a Navan game.
    I usually sign into the public one when I'm hoping for a Navan deathfest.

• Advertisement

if there 2 can you llet us know ,i made a sticky about shortcuts be handy if i posted right passwords :d

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by KdjaC
    Middle mouse button is perfect for it.

hmm might try that, currently using left ctrl with crouch put on shift

I have depressed mousewheel as TS with programmed mouse buttons for dive-to-ground and primary weapon.
    I'm thinking of getting a mouse with more buttons. :)

Alas I still fly with WSAD + arrows so you'll never hear me say anything while flying.
    Joysticks are for old women.

And if you hear a lot of echo when I'm using TS, its my crap headsed.
    Remind me to move the Mic.

Originally posted by Panzer81
    programmed mouse buttons for dive-to-ground and primary weapon.

another good idea i must sort out, i have to side buttons on my mouse i would like for parachute instead of rapidly mashing some numbers while i play in the dark

Panzer i bought a saitek wireless gamepad for 40 blips in PC World ,superb for flying and other games.
    And you can leave it just lying there and i even mapped a TS button to it :)

Saitek P3000

kdjac

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    another good idea i must sort out, i have to side buttons on my mouse i would like for parachute instead of rapidly mashing some numbers while i play in the dark
    I mapped parachute but mashing those buttons is more comforting.

And you usually have time to get parachute, you don't do anything else usually while falling.

Dive to ground is very handy, I can't believe anyone actually presses a button. When my mappings stop I'm absolutely lost.

With all my LAW kills, primary weapon is dead handy for when you miss up close.

I'd imagine bail-out would be another good key to map?
    Saitek P3000
    Mmm, interesting.
    I have a USB MS Sidewinder here somewhere, I can't fly planes well with a keyboard.
    Wireless gamepad you say...

I have a normal USb one but the wire annoys me :D

Also takes a while to get used to flying with gamepad .

kdjac

Dive to ground is very handy, I can't believe anyone actually presses a button. When my mappings stop I'm absolutely lost.

have to say i don't do dive to ground very often, i find when i dive to ground the gun kinda gives a little jump or something or i end up kinda tilted, this messes up the aim and i basically just get killed, i'm much more likely to go crouched

*Drags thread (kicking and screaming) back on point*

Teamspeak, the use thereof...
    It got a bit of use tonight, more socially than tactically but hey...

Can we create the sub-channels for the navan server again, just in case we ever really get it going.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

How do i setup this teamspeak?
    Is it in options or something? or do I jon that IP as if I am trying to join a game?

get the program

install it when it opens create a user name and password ,then next box put in the navan IP and password. Clikc join you will see lots of channels for various games go to BFV navan channel and join.

//Also make sure your mic is enabled , and test your mic etc : is allw orking in TS .

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

set up & working well for me right now :)

Shame no one else in the channel ..

Also - why wasn't voice included as standard in the game? should really be there for all specifically multiplayer games ..

Nice to hear from you LoBo.
    Don't forget to get back to practicing flying.
    Some people use keyboard and mouse(yuck), some use joysticks(baby fliers) and I use WSAD and arrows.

And don't let the horribly 13-yr-old voice I have over TS fool you, I'm really quite a manly man. :dunno:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    With the Exit key being next to the poWer key, I somtimes exit the plane instead of increasing power. Must change that one of the days...
    Nice to hear from you LoBo.
    Don't forget to get back to practicing flying.
    Some people use keyboard and mouse(yuck), some use joysticks(baby fliers) and I use WSAD and arrows.

And don't let the horribly 13-yr-old voice I have over TS fool you, I'm really quite a manly man. :dunno:
    I used to use the keys to fly, but I find the joystick easier. I'm going to get one with pedals and all, later sometime.

Class, let us know how it works out.
    That'd be a really genuine chopper experience.
    I mean, two perfectly good limbs doing nothing, what's with that? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭ARKANGEL

I used to use the keys to fly, but I find the joystick easier. I'm going to get one with pedals and all, later sometime.
    lol wtf are u going to do with pedals..cycle it over the battlefield lol...jk:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Tippex

Anyone got any recommendations for a decent headset?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

I got a 20 quid thing from Argos (i was nearly blinded by sovereign rings though so be careful when entering that store) and it’s a fine job good sound and a good mic

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ABE

QUOTE]i was nearly blinded by sovereign rings though so be careful when entering that store)[/QUOTE] :D:D

aye i think u got the smaw 1z iam getn i mangled the mic off mine lol its now just head fones lol

can any1 tell me if i buy new memory will it help me run my graphics better cuz i only got 256mb ram and ment 2 double that 2day 2 see if it makes any diffrence?
    cuz iam runnign my graphics at low

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Grow up, kids

Originally posted by ABE
    QUOTE]
    can any1 tell me if i buy new memory will it help me run my graphics better cuz i only got 256mb ram and ment 2 double that 2day 2 see if it makes any diffrence?
    cuz iam runnign my graphics at low

Not only that, it'll also let you use the full compliment of keys on your keyboard when you're posting.

Isn't technology marvellous?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ABE

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :o

What ram yah got atm?
    Extra ram wil make your game play better, 256 not enough to run XP :)

RAM aint cheap nowadays but some for sale in For Sale board atm.

kdjac

Advertisement