Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Click Silver down?

• 09-06-2004 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Anybody having problems with clicksilver (south dublin)? Cant connect from 2 accounts

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

It's kind of down all around the country and kind of not. Mine went down at around 11 this morning and hasn't come back (Roches St exchange in Limerick). I was on to UTV CS at around ten to nine this evening and the story as far as they can see is that people are having difficulty logging on. They're (at least the CS rep I was on to) unofficially pointing the finger at Eircom but I did offer the big bad E as the culprit myself so she might have been playing along. Apparently the logon thing has been a problem since 7 yesterday evening so anyone that's on is on. The CS rep reckoned this problem would last till at least tomorrow but presumably that was a guess.

My protocol knowledge isn't as good as it could or should be so I'm unsure if there can be a logon problem and still have the problem in eircom-land as opposed to a corrupted database in UTV-land. I'd have assumed the logon was done with regular http but as I've said, I haven't a clue really.

Either way you're not alone - I'm currently dialled up on regular 56k and there are plenty of others in the same boat.

Anyone reading the newsgroup? (I'm not going to install a client just to see when I'd have to grab it on dialup)

If you're in the mood, you could put in a query via the regular support page. If it's an Eircom problem, at least UTV will be able to fire a big long list of names affected by the problem. If it's a UTV problem, they'll have their own long list of names affected by the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭GiMiC

It's been down for me all day and a colleague of mine in work is having the same problems. Little chance of it coming back on at this hour, so we can only hope it'll be fixed early tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭redzer007

Well at least its not just me, touch of deja vu anyone?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Some posts from Charles in the newsgroup for those who cannot access it:
    We have been notified that there is a confirmed Eircom authentication issue
    Eircom have just notified us of emergency engineering work due to take place
    As it's an authentication problem, the issue only effects customers who are trying to connect, folks that are currently connected should not be
    effected.

Eircom says it's fixed but our customer are still reporting not being unable to connect, so we've esclated it back to Eircom at 17.15. I'm just about to
    call my contact now.
    Not looking good, I'm afraid.

My contact is only able to confirm that the problem does not seem to have
    been resolved by the work that took place this afternoon and that further
    Eircom engineering work has been posponed until tomorrow morning. This, to
    me, is totally unacceptable so I've just placed a call in with one of the
    senior managment team and am expecting a call back from him within 15
    minutes.

That last post was at 8pm

Cheers for that dub45. If it's a "confirmed Eircom authentication issue" then it's firmly Eircom's fault unless UTV lie down and take it.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

I had the problem too, just had to sit and watch my modem try and reconnect for 15 minutes, eventually got on. (netsource)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

It's beyond a joke at this stage tbh. It always seems to be down when I've got work to do also. You'd think they'd even setup a free dial-up service for times like this, not happy with these connection issues at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Originally posted by sceptre
    Cheers for that dub45. If it's a "confirmed Eircom authentication issue" then it's firmly Eircom's fault unless UTV lie down and take it.

I think UTV have lay down and gone to bed for the evening to be honest. Doubt it'll be working again tonight. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

/me strokes router ... yes my sweet, keep me connected :cool:

I was on a router too and it just cut out :mad:

• Advertisement

From the newsgroup:

Had two conversations over the last three hours, both ended with Eircom saying that nothing more can be done at this time. :-(

I will, naturally, be chasing this up first thing in the morning.

Charles

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Aw crap...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Originally posted by Dr. Dre
    It always seems to be down when I've got work to do also.
    LOL, that's right Dr. Dre, it's all about you. :)

adam /on dialup for the last week, bitter as hell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

I couldn't connect all yesterday or this morning either. This is ridiculous - this isn't the first time eircom/utv etc. have had a "major" problem with logging on, with people unable to connect for days, so I have less sympathy and patience for this now. It had better be back by the time I get home this evening, or I'll be looking for refunds for days of no service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

No problems for me anyway on the Douglas exchange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

Originally posted by dub45
    Not looking good, I'm afraid.

My contact is only able to confirm that the problem does not seem to have
    been resolved by the work that took place this afternoon and that further
    Eircom engineering work has been posponed until tomorrow morning. This, to
    me, is totally unacceptable so I've just placed a call in with one of the
    senior managment team and am expecting a call back from him within 15
    minutes.

Unbelievable!!!

You'd think they would be working through the night to get this sorted but instead they bugger off home

We should demand a refund for this ****, not only are we paying the monthly fee but are now having to pay by the minute too, ****ing shambles!!!

This just in (literally):

Eircom are continuing to work on the ongoing authentication issue that is effecting ADSL customer throughout RoI of both our ISP and others.

Indications are that they are looking at other exchanges as the cause of the problem, as rebooting of a couple of the Dublin based BASs failed to resolve the issue yesterday.

I'll post more as I get it.

Charles

Is it too much to hope that eircom will actually immediately check that their actions successfully resolve the issue this time around, instead of waiting till 6/7 pm when most people get home to try and use the service unsuccessfully? And subsequently feck off home because it's late in the day?

Originally posted by plazzTT
    No problems for me anyway on the Douglas exchange.

Bah! Literally five minutes after I posted that, Clicksilver went down for me. But it had been grand all night...

Mine appears to be working again :) (Arklow area)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

same here...hopefully that's the end of it

^what andrew said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

I tried calling the clicksilver tech support and all i got was a dead line. They could have at least had an automated response. Perhaps they were overwhelmed with calls.....

p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭GinjaNinja

anyone got an update on this.
    i'm in work and can't see if it's back up and running yet.
    Anything on the support newsgroup ??

I'm also in work and not sure as to what's going on. We seem to have 3 people who are up and running again - anyone still having problems?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Mine is working again. Beggars Bush

Yeah, I'm up and running now again too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

pings are ****e though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

mine never went down in the first place but like John says, pings are **** since they did whatever they did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Shamo

Yeah i've noticed an increase in pings recently, also getting ping spikes in online games that I didn't get before.
    I'm on netsource btw.

Advertisement