Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom BroadBand newbie?

• 09-06-2004 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi All,
    I ordered Broadband form Eircom last Tuesday (1st of June). Recieved my modem today, its a Cayman 3341 ASDL Smart modem. Set it all up, a few mins ago (seems to be setup correctly) But I cant connect! Im trying to connect with the default username & password.
    Do I have to wait for a my own password & the line to be activated?

Thanx in advance

Hanloka

BTW: Im connected at the moment by dial-up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

once the dsl sync light comes on you should be able to connect using the default password
    if the sync light does not come on it means your line is not activated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 tubes

I order it last week, got my modem yesterday, phoned the guy I ordered it off today, he gave me the username and password and told me when the line would be switched over. So maybe you have not been switched over yet, phone them to find out. If you are on dialup flat rate you should wait til the line is sorted before sending the ceasation of flat rate access form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

They need to sort thier shiz out tho, in the form i was sent i was told the username and password was broadband1 and broadband1 (this was written on the form, in not a retard who just misread it!). So i spent all friday afternoon last week trying to connect with that info unsuccessfully, had to call them to find out the proper username is eircom, that worked fine till monday, at which point that username stopped working. Tech support were marvellous..."Okay try a factory reset" (me)"ive already done that. Several times." (them)"try uninstalling the modem and reinstalling it" (me)*long sigh*. Yeah, cause that'll work. :rolleyes: Even with my limited networking experience i could tell it was a password error.
    Finally got it sorted tuesday with a new username and password..havent stopped playing wolfenstein:ET and bf:1942 since :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Guy in work had that password problem as well and he was a complete newbie to pcs never mind broadband. He wasted loads of time on - seems incredibly careless of Eircom!!!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Yeah its pretty stupid of them, handing out the wrong bloody password with thier starter kits. I just got lucky when i called thier support the second time, and got a guy who actually knew what he was doing and sorted me out with a new password. The first guy was obviusly a n00b, i knew more than him about it ffs :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement