Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Super-Intendants

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭one-angry-dwarf

Originally posted by senordingdong

Thats normal, every school has students hired by the dept. of ed. to accompany you to the toilets to make sure you dont try to cheat etc... B]

For some reason the fifth years in our school dont bother. they sit outside the hall at a desk but you just walk out and stroll off to the toilets all alone. its amazing how easy it is to cheat. As far as supervisors go, mine is grand. He looks like william shatner though which is kind of distracting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Nobody's asked to go to the toilet in our centre, so the fourth years just sit outside doing nothing all day. They make enough noise brining the tea in though... we must have the squeakiest door *ever* in our centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

It's years since I did my LC now but the one problem my class had with the super-intendant was with the aural exams. The tape recorders were of lower quality than any recorder I ever did aural practice with in class.

We had to swap recorder then change room during the French aural so that the volume could be reduced to cut out the distortion. It was rediculous and was at least a grade dropped on average. He also started the Ieish tape early while 2/3 of the class were not back in the room. Another poor tape recorder.

When I was doing my JC the super-intendant fell alseep. I had to wake him up by going up and banging on his desk. It gave him quite a fright.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

mine's alright....
    smokes outside with us,
    wont let us take the paper's with us, which i dont understand,

he's also a bastard...

during the first english exam, he asked people to put up there hand if the were doing ordinary level english.
    i was sittng at the front, put my hand up and he laughed.
    (only person doing it)

if this was gamesville, i'd give him 7g's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Originally posted by leeroybrown
    I had to wake him up by going up and banging on his desk. It gave him quite a fright.

Why'd you even bother waking him?

Our one would never fall asleep. Always drinking coffee non-stop. I'm surprised she doesn't start vibrating with the cafeine rush.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Originally posted by subway_ie
    Why'd you even bother waking him?
    It was Maths and I needed graph paper. I'd had my hand up for a couple of minutes so I went up to the desk. He was also reading a paper (which I don't think they're allowed to do).
    Originally posted by agent smith
    wont let us take the paper's with us, which i dont
    Afaik, it's based on the idea that the only people who should have access to the papers up until all the exams have finished are the students sitting it. Theoretically some enterprising individual could be hiding hints/answers in the toilets for people who have yet to finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

The "assistants" outside the examination centre definitely DO NOT get paid extra for catching candidates cheating. Your friend in fifth year is just pulling your leg, I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 goldensyrup

our examiner was sound. loved his lucozade fizzed all over him EVERY TIME he opened the bottle which was every 5mins, 1 bottle per exam, he also enjoyed biscuits which he crunched loudly. he used talk to us during the exams bout da weather AND let us bring food into the exams!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Holy thread resurrection.
    Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement