Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting to Prague use Czech airlines

• 09-06-2004 11:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

I have been here 3 times. the first 2 i used Aer Lingus. first time i paid €450 or so,m the second was €220 or so.. This time i flew CSA and it was a very good choice. Apart from the fact it was cheaper again at €159 (there is also a €129 offer but dates were crap).. Anyway its cheaper but also so much BETTER!! Aer lingus like anything in rip-off Ireland charges you for everything.. food, drinks etc etc. CSA you not only get a free drink of anything from water, soft drinks to wine and beer.. you ALSO get a meal with desert and you can specify special meals too like i ordered Asian Vegetarian which was nice, well on the way back was not so nice as no mushrooms but still its great to have the choice. Also the staff are more friendly. hell the staff are a lot better looking too :D Anyway on boarding they offer you papers from around the world to read too. Today i notcied they even went around and gave out colour book packs and crayons to the kids on the plane.

Not that Aer lingus are crap... you just get more for less from CSA so i will use them if i go back again.

Oh make sure to use the special deals link and dont go straight in and do a search for flights as thats full price.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Used 'em before myself, they are pretty top class.

But then Ryanair is begining to look good compared to Aer Lingus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

CSA certainly have a good rep - putting Aer Lingus to shame on that route it seems!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Darren

Yep, agree totally. I flew CSA LHR-PRG, excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭thebackbar

I had a bad experience with czech airlines last year, we had two aborted take offs on the runway, (both times as the plane was about to go into the air) we eventally had to get off the plane, when we got off the plane it had a flat tyre. for 13 hrs solid they kept on asking up to report back to the boarding area, and each time they told us to come back in a hour, They had to divert a plane from london to dublin with a new tyre. We arrived in prague 13 hrs late in the middle of the night. Personnally I wouldnt fly with them again, Personnaly i think that aer linugus look after there planes better, and have a better support network

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

While thebackbar could be legit, i always find it suspect if some newbie registers the same day and posts one thing. It looks like a rep from Aer lingus deciding to make up crap about CSA and then say that Aer lingus is great!

Fact is i have not seen one bad comment about them. A flat tyre? How the fudge is that their fault? It was in Dublin airport you say? Blame Aer Rianta then!! Anyway you cant hold one bad experience against an airline. Are you suggesting that all their planes are likely to get flat tyres and stuff like that? Aer lingus is good. CSA is just better and cheaper. What more is there to say?
    Appologies to thebackbar if you are a legit poster. I guess when you have a lot more posts in different discussions other than travel i will know im wrong :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭thebackbar

ya it was in dublin airport allright, the last saturday in july i think it was, it may have got a mention on the radio the following day. my point being we were very badly treated by the airline, captain & co would not talk to any passengers (some of whom were getting very irate... some of whom had children who were not able to wait for 13 + hrs ) . To me i think aer lingus are a more reliable option thats all !!! It didnt impress many when they had to taxi over a tyre from prague to dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭lynchie

Have a friend who travels with them regularly and suggested I use them next time I was going back to Prague (use to do Dub-Bristol-Prague for the cheapo way - Ryanair and Sleazyjet).

Myself and some of the lads decided we would go to Prague in august, was gonna check aer lingus until I found that CSA were only charging €158.48 all in for the august bank holiday. Couldnt get much better than that. My friend told me about the service and quality of food etc so it seems that my 158 yoyos will be well spent. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Fair enough, these things happen. :D I will stick with CSA if i go back, probably will some time, so unless Aer lingus is cheaper then i will stick with CSA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭acid

I've flown twice with CSA, and have no complaints whatsoever.

Lately I tend to avoid Aer Lingus. I paid over €450 to fly Aer Lingus from Vienna to Dublin on new years eve. I accepted the price of the flight, it was booked at short notice and i had no alternative but what really annoyed me was the fact that the f*ckers were charging for tea/coffee.

Advertisement