Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help. Outlook Express to Outlook 2000 - Lost mails?

Options
  • 10-06-2004 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

A friend of mine recently tried to upgrade the OS on their laptop from Windows 98(First Edition) to Windows XP. Unfortunately, he used the 'Upgrade' option when he inserted the XP CD. Anyway, after doing this, he also upgraded from Microsoft Outlook Express to Microsoft Outlook 2000 (supplied with Office 2000). This upgrade seemed to work for the most part (Contacts etc. were carried over from
    Outlook Express to Outlook 2000). However, here's the problem, the import didn't transfer all emails properly. Basically, all the mails back as far as 18/05/04 were carried over, but then, there is a gap, and the date jumps to 30/06/03 and then the 14/02/03. Nearly a whole year's email was not restored/imported. I have checked in Outlook Express to see if any of the mails were left but it was empty; nothing kept.

Does anyone know of anywhere that Outlook 2000/Outlook Express keeps the mail messages that may not have been imported to the new Outlook? Perhaps there would be an archive somewhere on the disk? (dbx/mbx files or something?)
    I have tried importing opening/importing any 'pst' files on the machine, but they all seem to contain the same emails.
    Does it sound like those emails are lost or is there any way to get them back? I would have thought they were lost, it just seems strange that there is a gap in where the mails are lost, and then they continue on fine.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appriciated!

Cheers,

DC.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

They wold have been archived by outlook before the upgrade, check the folders called archives within outlook or my documnets.

Should be in there in a PST file.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭pyrogenx

Try to go to import messages on the file menu. then browse through all folders u think they might be in (documents should be still there). If u search that way, it should only show u files in the right format that the outlook can read.

Advertisement