Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Request: Details of Car Dismantlers

Options
  • 10-06-2004 11:54am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok- my car was broken into and the radio (among other things) stolen.
    I have an excess on the insurance policy (I pay the first E300 of damage) which means its not worth my while to even notify the insurance company.
    Would like a replacement radio- without paying the earth, and was thinking that one of the car dismantling places must have a stock of radios out of cars they are breaking up.
    Only found one dismantler in the phone book- who don't have a radio with the right mountings. Does anyone have any idea of car dismantlers in the general Dublin area?

Cheers,

Shane

Ps- Not sure if this is the right place- Mod- feel free to move if need be.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Copied to motors

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

This is a question that comes up regularly.

could we have a sticky please.

look up whelans of the heath portlaoise.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Armadillo

For a quick answer, the golden pages under 'car dismantlers'. I've rang around looking for parts (wing mirror) on previous occasions.
    Now a car stereo is a different kettle of fish. :-) Make sure you get the code if it has one.
    If you're looking for a new Blaupunkt (i saw your other thread - them punto's are notorious for getting their cd players nicked, about two years ago in Ashbourne, thirteen punto's had their Blaupunkt cd players taken in one night) then try Beaver . They might have one ex-display.....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Thanks for the info.
    Doesn't say much for the security features of my Punto :-(
    Will have a ring around and see whether any of them have a something that will do the job.

Cheers,

Shane

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Hi Shane,

Traynors in the North are the best in the country - they will deliver and have a huge stock. Mullingar auto dismantlers have lots of Fiats 044-43755. An ad in the parts wanted section of the Buy and Sell can also be quicker than trawling the breakers yards...

Traynors:
    86 Armagh Road
    Dungannon
    Co Tyrone

BT 717JA
    NI

Telephone 028 3889 1242
    Fax 028 3889 1611

Good luck with the search...

'ceptr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor