Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alan Shearer going to Genoa!?!?

• 10-06-2004 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭

I'm assuming June 10th is April Fools Day in Italy or something, but La Republicaa newspaper is reporting that Shearer is about to transfer to Genoa :ninja:

http://www.repubblica.it/2004/f/sezioni/sport/calcio/shearer/shearer/shearer.html (in Italian)

also mentioned on www.nufc.com

Translation of the Italian paper's page:

Genoa, in arrival from the Newcastle
    bomber the Alan Shearer

GENOA - Blow in arrival for the Genoa, that it has nearly concluded the negotiation in order to engage Alan Shearer, 34 years to August, forward of the Newcastle former United and national English. The officer corps still lacks, but the purchase seems sure by now. Shearer, that it would have to sign a contract for three years, would be the first blow of a campaign acquires with which Enrico Precious it means to reinforce the square in order to aim the next year to the series To the forward has played 36 contests in the last English championship marking 22 nets. The former Shoe of Gold of the ' 96 e' forward centers them of high power and would have to resolve the problems of the Genoa in that position, placing side by side the Argentine talentuoso Supports and a rossoblù other ' vecchietto', Nicholas Hunting.
    The Genoa has in force an other forward of quality, along Bjelanovic, to capocannoniere of the square with 11 nets marked in spite of much park bench.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

also on skysports.

ah, sure hes an old man now, not a patch on teddy sheringham :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

I really hope this is a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Originally posted by TwoShedsJackson
    GENOA - Blow in arrival for the Genoa, that it has nearly concluded the negotiation in order to engage Alan Shearer, 34 years to August, forward of the Newcastle former United and national English. The officer corps still lacks, but the purchase seems sure by now. Shearer, that it would have to sign a contract for three years, would be the first blow of a campaign acquires with which Enrico Precious it means to reinforce the square in order to aim the next year to the series To the forward has played 36 contests in the last English championship marking 22 nets. The former Shoe of Gold of the ' 96 e' forward centers them of high power and would have to resolve the problems of the Genoa in that position, placing side by side the Argentine talentuoso Supports and a rossoblù other ' vecchietto', Nicholas Hunting.
    The Genoa has in force an other forward of quality, along Bjelanovic, to capocannoniere of the square with 11 nets marked in spite of much park bench.

OMG!!! My brain has just exploded!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

say it aint so sheds , so it aint so :( .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Apparently you are entitled to a higher Old age pension if you have stamps form a second european country.;)

I don't believe he will move by choice as he is Newcastle through and through so unless his spat with the manager earlier this year has prompted them to sell him I find this story hard to believe. The toon army will not be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

I dont think he will move to genoa but maybe sometime in the future he will be at a different club. Maybe a team in the east. Look at Batistuta he one played for Roma, Inter milan and lazio now he is at Qatar. I he does move He will be remembered by all Newcastle fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Perhaps Shearer's agent is trying to drum up some fuss to get a contract extension for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Originally posted by leeroybrown
    Perhaps Shearer's agent is trying to drum up some fuss to get a contract extension for him.

He doesnt want one does he, was it not his decision to retire at the end of next season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Originally posted by Stekelly
    He doesnt want one does he, was it not his decision to retire at the end of next season?

I can hear a very small bell ringing somewhere. In any event I don't really see him leaving Newcastle.

• Advertisement
Advertisement