Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHP/MySQL/Web Design Certifications?

Options
  • 10-06-2004 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

Right, tis that time of year in work, and we have to submit requests for any kind of certification we want (ah, I love this job). Are there any kind of web design and coding certs, along the same vein as MCP, CCNA, etc?

I've done a fair bit of coding with PHP and MySQL, but would like something formal to give me a bit of education in terms of techniques, security, advanced web programming etc.

Suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

A lot of IT Training companies do their own courses and award their own certs but as far as globally/internationally recognised awards I think theirs nought, which is a pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

You could try http://www.iactonline.com/iact/courses/course_outlineDB.asp?IDCourse=86

theres another cheaper one too but i forget who they are. I must check my mail when i go home and i'll let you know

EDIT: damn i don't think they certify you. They do a certification in Webmastering tho, you get a diploma, but i dont think they use PHP and MySQl technologies in it. But i'll check out the other site later and see what that has to offer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Yerac

MySQL have their own certification programme if you're interested.

http://www.mysql.com/training/certification/

There's been a few rumours of a third level, something along the lines of programming for MySQL, but I'm not sure how true that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

MySQL is done on a few courses. A course on it alone (in third level) probably wouldnt happen since Oracle, DB2 etc. dont have their own third level courses.

I know on my course we do MySQL & Php as part of the database systems class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Yerac

To clarify, I didn't mean third level as in university level, I meant it as third level in addition to the two levels they already offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Ahh my mistake sorry :)

Advertisement