Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WTF???? Possible email virus?????

Options
  • 10-06-2004 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭

I'm at work and I've just got a shít load (30) of system administrator emails saying (Heading) Undeliverable: Bin ich zu weltfremd? Ich glaube wohl kaum. Body of email says:

Your message

Subject: Bin ich zu weltfremd? Ich glaube wohl kaum
    Sent: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 11:48:29 +0100

did not reach the following recipient(s):

isqddsw@Johnpaulconstruction.com on Thu, 10 Jun 2004 12:23:10 +0100
    The recipient name is not recognized
    The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=John Paul
    Constr;l=EXCHANGE0406101123L5BSYJ9F
    MSEXCH:IMS:John Paul Construction:JPCEX-1:EXCHANGE 0 (000C05A6) Unknown
    Recipient

Anyone have any idea what it could be? I checked my sent items and there are no records of any emails sent to this address. I've also ran a full virus scan on my machine with no viruses found.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

Somebody with your address in their address book has a virus, which is sending crap out and pretending to be you most likely...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Forged headers. Most of the e-mail worms are forging the headers of e-mail they send using actual addresses. Your address will have been picked up from someone's OutHouse address book along the way. If you had the full header text of the e-mail available you'd be able to see the IP address of the originating computer.

These notifications are very annoying and should always be turned off as they are generally false these days.

Advertisement