Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BFV Graphics

Options
  • 10-06-2004 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭

I know there was allot of talk about the glichey graphics in BFV when it came out. I just started playing the game again recently and it is really annoying me. BF1942 and Desert Combat run flawlessly.

The game is patched to v1.01 and I have set the lock fps to half my refresh rate and the other rendering option is set as was advised post release both here and on other fan sites. But the game is still terrible to play especially when in the helicopters. There is bad screen tearing when flying while turning fast left or right.

I have tried lowering graphic levels and resolutions etc but it still happens. I have also used fraps to see if the frame rate drops causing this and it doesn't. I can play Far Cry and Painkiller at full detail and similar problems do not occur.

Is there a fix for this problem or am I missing something as allot of people are playing this game you's cant be enjoying it much if this is happening to you?

My hardware is 3 GHz P4, 1 GB pc3200, FX 5900xt is that’s of any significance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Theres a new patch out as far as i know it doesnt do anything graphic realted.
    Usual Qs got latest drivers and that refresh rate fix for nvidia drivers?
    HD Defragged 9it does matter in BFV for some reason)

AA and other things turned off?

What i do is knock everything down to low and in Display Properties put everything to performance rather than quality, play the game and each time knock it up a bit in game then find nice fast FPS with whatever RES.

Then when i have game running well with Performace settings on low and in game on high ,i increase the performace settings slowly eventually you find your problem and best config for playing the game.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Was using the latest offical 56.72 drivers and it was doing as described above.

Im now using new 61.32beta and Dx9c beta. The 61.32 drivers seem to work alot better with this game but the tearing still happens. Its mainly when flying the choppers.

I have the refresh rate fixed at 85hz 1024x768 in the nvidia controls and the lock.fps set at 42. It does keep the fps at around 42 but this isn't working for me for some reason. It never drops to a frame rate that would cause a slowdown btw. Without the lock fps the frame rate is 100+ even with AFx8in 1024x768 even in 1280x1024 its above 60. I dont use AA in most games as it leads to a big hit in fps with my card.

I realy cant see what the problem is with this game every other new game runs perfect on my machine. Dont get me wrong I am a big fan of the BF series but this is definitly forced me back towards BF1942 and DC. I couldn't be the only one with this problem.

Doesnt BFV force the refresh rate unless you edit the CFG ?

http://www.fpscentral.com/forums/archive/index.php/f-251

Check that out may help you.

But your card is like 10 times better than mine and i get nothing like that even overlocked (the odd artefact but that my fault).

Can you take a pic of the tearing?

kdjac

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

61.40 drivers are out there if ya wanna try those:

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=799

dregin

oh and I'm having the same problem with a ti4600...weaker card by a good bit but all the same it's annoying when everything just goes haywire while your just walking through grass :( Turning down the graphics helped me a bit but it started happening again pretty soon. Could be a heat problem, I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Try changing Vertical Sync from "Application-Controlled" to "on" in the driver display settings (it's under "Performance & Quality Settings", in the Global Driver Settings box).

• Advertisement

Ive tryed the vsync setting to no avail.

Ive tried the 61.40 drivers already belive it or not but rolled back to 61.32 as I felt they worked better.

dregin-x - I'd recommend you use a 4*.** series for your TI4600. I found the Omega 45.23a worked the best with my TI4200 in an another machine after trying all the newer drivers with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Out of curiousity, what type of RAM do you have, and have you tried it @ a lower res. I've had the same problem, but lowering the res fixed it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Well, installed 61.40 drivers and havent had a problem since with everything up full, but with shadows and light mapping off.
    /me's a happy camper :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Originally posted by KeithD
    Ive tryed the vsync setting to no avail.

Ive tried the 61.40 drivers already belive it or not but rolled back to 61.32 as I felt they worked better.

dregin-x - I'd recommend you use a 4*.** series for your TI4600. I found the Omega 45.23a worked the best with my TI4200 in an another machine after trying all the newer drivers with it.

Try turning vsync and AA off. It made my GeForce3 preform better (vsync tries to sync the vertical rate + slow it down), and I'm going to try it on a GeForce 4 Ti4200 64MB, later on.

Originally posted by the_syco
    Out of curiousity, what type of RAM do you have, and have you tried it @ a lower res. I've had the same problem, but lowering the res fixed it.

1gb Twinmos Pc3200 CL2.5 , As for Resolutions even at 1280x1024 with details at high I still get what would be an acceptable frame rate in any other game 40+fps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Usually you extract them and they go to a temp folder and setup starts right away ,if not go to the temp folder and click the setup.exe thats there.

kdjac

Advertisement