Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance questions

Options
  • 10-06-2004 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭

I have a t610 since November and I love the phone. However due to lack of cash I only recently got it insured with vodafone. While doing this I noticed that they no longer sell the t610 and have seen the upgrade t630. If i make a claim on the insurance do i get the new model or the same one? I am not planning on doing this I am just curious since I am paying quite a bit on the insurance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭captainmustard

Ive insurance out with my new phone (2 months old) and im 99% sure they give you the upgraded version. Think thats what yer man in carphone warehouse told me when i took it out.Have lost 2 phones in 4 yrs so decided i needed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

ah thanks. at least now i know im not wasting my money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

When you have a phone insured the replacement phone will be as close to phone you had insured

eg if you had a 3310 insured you would probally get a 3410 or a 3510i

Dec

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭lotas

what happens when you have an imate smartphone 2? it cost me 600 euro, and i bought it from Expansys. Vodafone ireland have nothing close to this on their site. the closet is the Nokia 6600, which is like comparing a Nissan Micra to a BMW 5 Series! any other phone insurance companies that would give money or a phone thats not carried by any Irish Carrier?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

If the insurance company accept the phone for insurance if it is lost or stolen they have to replace. If they tried to give you a 6600 tell them where to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

lotas wrote:
    what happens when you have an imate smartphone 2? it cost me 600 euro, and i bought it from Expansys. Vodafone ireland have nothing close to this on their site. the closet is the Nokia 6600, which is like comparing a Nissan Micra to a BMW 5 Series! any other phone insurance companies that would give money or a phone thats not carried by any Irish Carrier?
    If Vodafone do not offer the phone as part of their "passed" list, they will not insure it! So you dont need to worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭lotas

Hmmm. Thanks for the help. going to have to be a lot safer with the phone then...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

have a read of this thread - may be worth calling to see what the story is

BrianG

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

I recently sent in an application for insurance with Vodafone and they rang to ask me to ring the insurance company about whether or not they would cover a phone that's not on Vodafone's approved list. Basically they told me that they would cover the phone but if I had to make a claim I would be give the closest similar phone on the Vodafone approved list. I got Vodafone to then register the SE V800 as my phone as the iMate SP3i isn't on their list. Wasn't a problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Well you won't be getting the t630 as it's only available on o2. You'll get a phone which has the same features as you have now - Bluetooth, camera, etc. So you might get the Motorola v550 or something like that instead if you claimed.
    BTW what shop sold you a t610 in November? That phone was way off the market by then.

• Advertisement
Advertisement