Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polling cards

Options
  • 10-06-2004 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭

Shouldn't I have received mine by now? Or am I missing something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭The Rooster

....and how many polling cards are you supposed to receive? Somebody mentioned 3 somewhere. I only got one.

But you dont actually need a polling card to vote. If your name is on the registrar's list and you turn up with appropriate ID, you're entitled to vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by The Rooster
    ....and how many polling cards are you supposed to receive? Somebody mentioned 3 somewhere. I only got one.

But you dont actually need a polling card to vote. If your name is on the registrar's list and you turn up with appropriate ID, you're entitled to vote.

Nope that was me I said
    3 Voting cards
    these are handed to you when you go to the polling station, 1 for the referendum, 1 for the local elections and 1 for the European elections.

You should only receive 1 polling card, if your registered but didn't receive a polling card you can still vote once your name is on the list and you have ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Cheers for the replies.

So basically an ID will do instead at the polling station.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by Exit
    Cheers for the replies.

So basically an ID will do instead at the polling station.

Once your name is on the list all you need is ID :D

PS Maybe you'l give Sinn Fein an auld vote! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Yeah if your name is on the list in Waterford where your parents live, and you turn up in Dublin where you live, then you wont be let vote. And then you should give yourself and kick up the jacksey.

• Advertisement
Advertisement