Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Product Key code

Options
  • 10-06-2004 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭

A while back I got a virus on my laptop and even though the anti-virus software took the virus off it also took a number of the files with it making all icons on the desktop unworkable. I survived for a while going the backward route to all my files on microsoft works but eventually I got pissed off with it so I got a replacement set of windows ME recovery disks which of course wiped everything off my hard drives and left me the laptop as when I got it.

Now I tried loading back microsoft works onto the computer no problem there, but when I try to use the application it looks for my product key code the 25 character one. Now 4 years ago when I bought the programe I'm sure I had that little sticker which they stick onto the white envelope but alas now I have'nt a clue where it is.

My question is , is there any way I can get the product code off another computer I have which has works on it or how do I do it. It won't ask me to register it because Me windows does't ask for this to be done so there's no chance of double registering. Or am I Fcuked and I have to buy a new microsoft works set

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

google.

or cant you find the key via the registry? I cant remember if it shows the key or just the product ID.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Originally posted by Kaimera
    google.

or cant you find the key via the registry? I cant remember if it shows the key or just the product ID.

Shows both google for a program that will find it.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭ConUladh

I was going to recommend an app called winaudit (available via http://www.tinyapps.org) mainly because of it's size but I'm not convinced about it's key retrieval abilities, i.e. a key it supposedly retrieved once didnt seem to work

So instead I would say check out Belarc Advisor http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

Both these apps' primary purpose is to provide a profile of your PC, this profile includes softeware licence keys. Don't have works installed but they both pick up Office for me

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Advertisement