Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Isd vrs sovy class

• 10-06-2004 3:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭

Who would win in a one on one battle vrs an imperial star-destroyer and a sovereign class battleship do you think? and why

I personal think a sovereign (or a fecking Miranda class) could easily destroy an ISD based on there

1.**** shields (a few fighters can take out a isd or 2 shots from a ion cannon)
    2. **** sensors (couldn’t detect a 34 meter long ship stuck on the BRIDGE of it or floating in some garbage even though it was clearly in the line of sight of around 4 other isds)
    3. **** weapons (they do no damage what so ever)
    4. **** commanders (all to afraid to do there jobs right)
    5.**** range (the longest range ship based weapons shot ever in all the star wars films was 100km feddy nebula class's have been seen on screen firing from 200,000k out)
    6. Some what equal speeds
    7. Dependens on tie fighter's (flying tin cans of death)

The Sovereign has none of those draw backs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

Would Batman have time to prepare?

/flees

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

A Federation shuttle could destroy a Super star destroy, and that thing is 8km long!
    It has been said in star trek that lasers are primtive weapons and are no match for federation weapons or shields.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

It's funny you should mention that, I remember reading some crossover universe thing years ago that featured a battle involving the super (super) star destroyer eclipse - from the dark empire comics?? - and a federation/klingon/romulan fleet.

Must dig up the link but as far as I can remember the alpha quadrant dudes got a pasting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Comics dont matter there non cannon

if you watch the movies its pritty clear star war technology is ****e compeared to star treks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

• Advertisement

Conny class is a far far cry from the sovy class and as is pointed out by some guy on that forum its pritty easy to out smart the isd ......Not that they would need to just use the federations better weapon systems to blow the crap out of the ship

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I nkow they're different... but I just thought that it was still a good argument regarding tactical advantages amongst other things...

Funny at times too... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

What about the death stars superlaser? Surely that might do some damage.

Then again its not very practical as it needs to recharge between firings...

Also it has a farly tiny weapons range of 70,000 km (nebula class has a range of 250,000km) and only one fireing axis just stay behind above below or out of range of the thing and your fine.If a fed ship did get hit by a blast though it would be destroyed i dont give a **** what people say "lazers do noting to federation ships" you cant trow that much energy at a ship and expect it to live.

Mind you it does have that farly stupid flaw one torp down the old reactor hole = bye bye death star

is there some logical reason not to build a perfect sphere or other large ship?

Death Star = wasent a propper sphere, there where cannals and holes
    Borg sphere = wasent a propper sphere, there where cannals and holes
    Borg cube = wasent a propper cube, there where cannals and holes
    Anubis mothership = wasent a propper sphere, there where cannals and holes
    Kazon Carrier = = wasent a propper shape, there where cannals and holes
    SSD a 8km long ship = wasent a propper ship, there where cannals and holes

Most large ships and stations have holes and tunnels and cannals why?

• Advertisement

To make them look good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Sovy would win. Much more agile than the capital ships in SW, would be hard to hit with the Death Star's laser.

Also the Sovy has actual projectile weapons (torpedos) whereas the ISD only has lasers which look pretty tame as they are. They could barely take down the sheilds of the Falcon.

Ties would do a bit of damage, and I'd say runabout/shuttle vs Tie, Tie would win. Delta Flyer is a different story though.

Emm data why was my post deleted?
    all i said was

"A runabout or a shuttle could take out a SSD"

all post from 3 last night to 7 this even where lost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by User45701
    Emm data why was my post deleted?
    all i said was

"A runabout or a shuttle could take out a SSD"

aye nothing to do with me, i'm not in the habit of deleting posts, usually just editing for spoilers and such

I didnt think u did, so does that mean it was a admin?

I didnt think u did, so does that mean it was a admin?

there was a problem with the database on boards today and all posts between about 3 in the morning up to this afternoon where lost

ah alright then that explains it. So data u are going to be 2 in 9 days.
    (ur registerd is 24-06-2002)

ah alright then that explains it. So data u are going to be 2 in 9 days.
    (ur registerd is 24-06-2002)

so i am, time flies when you're bored

2 years is a long time to be board.

• Advertisement
Advertisement