Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music Distribution ?

Options
  • 10-06-2004 3:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭

K, lets say I have a PC that I want to use as an MP3 server in an upstairs bedroom. I'd like to set up a number of listening points in another bedrooms and also outside.

Any ideas how I can (wireless) distribute the signal around the house ? I was thinking of one of those short range FM transmitters like the iPod has, and just use a radio to pick it up, but I'm guessing the sound quality would be crap.

Any (reasonably priced) suggestions ?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭the_viper2kie

Apple have just brought out a wireless LAN tranmitter with a cool output on it for sound! its used with the itunes MP3 software(available on windows i'll add). The transmitter is called "airort express" and their MP3 gimmik is called "airtunes". Its selling for 150 euro but keep in mind you are setting up a wireless network in your house if you've got broadband and a second computer ideally a laptop it wouldn't be a bad way to throw your money!
    check out: http://www.apple.com/airportexpress/
    Hugh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

Get a copy of this months PC Live and look in the Live section. There's an article about the Netgear MP101 (www.netgear.ie ) which is a wireless digital music player with networking capability. €162 on elara.ie. They have 4 up for grabs in a competition! I think I just reduced my chances of winning:dunno:

Advertisement