Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1.02 Patch DOESN'T fix CTD's

Options
  • 10-06-2004 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭

They're pretty specific in the notes that it fixes one cause of ctd's, something to do with heli's and winching.

Experience since I installed the patch is still the same, ctd's at random intervals and the odd reboot.

Luc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

you sure you pc isnt just bolloxed ?

Iv never had the problems your haveing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Well, I was expecting the reboot crashes to continue, I suspect that's either overheating or dodgy ram.

However, the ctd's are a different matter. I was really hoping I'd be seeing the back of those, the 1.02 patch hasn't fixed ctd's for a lot of other people, according to the moaning on servers. :)

Luc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

what are ctds

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Ah dont say that Luc---was looking forward to a game tonight without the CTDs.Back to DC if its not sorted!!!

It’s a pitty i assume nearly all of dice's guys are working on BF2 so bf1942 and Vietnam are suffering for it which in turn damages dices pretty good record of improving there games with patches

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Originally posted by Washout
    what are ctds

Crash To Desktop I assume?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by bizmark
    It’s a pitty i assume nearly all of dice's guys are working on BF2 so bf1942 and Vietnam are suffering for it which in turn damages dices pretty good record of improving there games with patches

But BF2 is looking sooooo sweet.

I still play DC more than I play Nam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

I have noticed this also, not as frequently as before but seem to be getting more common, I noticed a small improvement in performance but I'm getting lag again, now I still think I have a fecked up conn probs and have been on to my isp about it.

Its def not my machine, could be my conn but with so many others having the same issue and I had perfectly fine gameplay before the patch i can only assume that the patches have messed up the game for a lotta people, doesn't bode well for bf2.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Do you play on any of the domestic servers syxpak?
    Never seen you around.

Hes not l33t enough to play with us :D:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭C Fodder

Either my PC is bollixed or the new patch is crap as I never had CTD's but now I'm lucky if the game loads since patch. Am going to try a full remove / reinstall of BFV etc. if some housekeeping doesn't work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Are you sure the problems arnt Graphics card related?

I know i am having a few CTD problems myself but that would be due to the AA problem with Radeion 9800's and also my PSU isint pulling its weight. The PSU i plan to replace tomorrow but for the graphics card make sure you have the most sutible drivers.

ATi released their Catalyst v4.6 drivers today, you can find more on the usual "Patches, Mods & Files" thread. I have already got them listed :)

I say alot of people are blameing the game for a weakness in there pc

I have a 2600xp 512meg 9800pro and a 2400xp 252meg 5200fx both play the game with no problems no crash to desktop probs

Both have antec psus 350w and 300w

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Originally posted by Lucutus
    Well, I was expecting the reboot crashes to continue

So turn it off!
    Goto System Properties/Startup and Recovery, and swithc off the auto-Reboot option.
    Also, what type of RAM do you have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Panzer81

I've had CTDs since day one, v1.00.
    Winch problem my ass, running up hill problem, ZSU turret problem, BAD problem.
    EA said reinstall, it helped a fair bit.
    v1.01 brought a few back and EA said it was my firewall/settings/the sun, moon and stars.
    Problems disappeared with no tweaking.

I noticed that my Bro, Farseer, had more probs than me one night and he was on this PC just under a different profile. I jumped on straight away and had a CTD but only one.

I haven't had a CTD in a while now.
    1.7GHz, 768 PC800 RDRAM, 9800XT. CAtalyst x.44.

Originally posted by the_syco
    So turn it off!
    Goto System Properties/Startup and Recovery, and swithc off the auto-Reboot option.
    Also, what type of RAM do you have?

Tis off already, as for the ram type, I'm assuming it's some unregistered ddr333 stuff, I can't remember, been a long while since I built this thing.

Could very well be overheating in this weather, cpu: 58-60C and mobo: 40C after a reboot ingame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Have you guys with crashes gone to :
    C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield Vietnam\Mods\BfVietnam\settings

And changed VideoDefault.con

renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 0 this line to
    renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 1

Though everyone did this.

kdjac

Yea, that's like, 'the rule'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

llike you know you tell him girlfriend

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Anyone else notice that the patch makes the player names A LOT harder to see??I thought the patch was solely to sort out the crashes(Which BTW seem to be sorted for me).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

i think thats a server setting and i see the map rotation has been changed.

Originally posted by Instant Karma
    i think thats a server setting and i see the map rotation has been changed.

Well if its a server setting it definately makes the game more "interesting"!!Just hope I dont start getting kicked for team killing---Think I had more TKs in one night than Ive had since the game came out.

Prefer to kill by skin than seeing the name 1st makes it harder, crappy when its a chopper and you hear on TS someone stole one ,Do you shoot or wait?

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Originally posted by KdjaC

kdjac
    Everyone, it seems, 'cept for me. Thanks.

Got me 1st CTD today ,was doing well too.
    :(

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭FranDrastic

Originally posted by the_syco
    Everyone, it seems, 'cept for me. Thanks.

And (ahem) me.....

Nice one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Havent had any ctd's myself, but find it almost impossible to play because of FUCKING LAG!!!! Argh! Its so annoying, even with a ping in the 20's or 30's, it lags like i was on 56k. And most matches i play people are complaining of the same problem too. I seriously hope this gets sorted sometime soon, its totally ruined the game for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by KdjaC
    Have you guys with crashes gone to :
    C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield Vietnam\Mods\BfVietnam\settings

And changed VideoDefault.con

renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 0 this line to
    renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 1

kdjac

what does that do?

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    what does that do?

Stops BF running at 60hz and lets you raise it .

try it you see ,game has bug that doesnt allow higher refresh rates.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Grow up, kids

Never had a single crash 'til I installed 1.02, now I get one every single time a new map is loading. Pain in the hole.

Advertisement