Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange upload readings with IOL BB

• 10-06-2004 7:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

I've been getting some weird problems with my IOL BB for some time now. I use Soulseek and IE, but apart from that nothing that accesses the Internet. I have Norton Personal Firewall and anti-virus installed.

In Soulseek, I have the upload set to a max of 1 user and 2kb/s, yet my upload meter frequently goes to 128 and stays there!! This has happened on and off for the past few monhts. I can't figure out what it is and the only thread I found with something similar in it is this one....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=147136&highlight=maxed+upload

It's frustrating as it causes my browsing to slow down, and the only way to stop it is to disconnect and reconnect. Even if Soulseek is closed, the upload meter is still maxed out.

Can anyone recommend something that would show me what's actually going out, or from what application, so that I can see what's going on?

Cheers,

Si.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

try , netlimiter

It works great for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by SuprSi
    In Soulseek, I have the upload set to a max of 1 user and 2kb/s, yet my upload meter frequently goes to 128 and stays there!! This has happened on and off for the past few monhts. I can't figure out what it is and the only thread I found with something similar in it is this one....
    I presume you're running an up to date virus checker?

Also, try running NETSTAT when the problem occurs - it might give you some hint of what ports are in use. (Comparing it to NETSTAT when your system isn't uoloading like this may be helpful).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Cheers for the suggestions - I'll check both these out once it happens again.

Si.

Advertisement