Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regional Boards

Options
  • 10-06-2004 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭

How come people rarely use these? They give people a great opportunity to discuss local issues, yet nobody really avails of them. The only ones that ever seem to get any kind of regular posts are the North and South ones (or that's how it looks anyway)

I'd love to see more people use the East forum in particular and discuss local Dublin issues (because that's my area obviously) but it seems when most people post about Dublin in particular, they post in After Hours rather than in the East forum. Is there any way of highlighting these boards more, or is it not something that people care about?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Originally posted by Exit
    The only ones that ever seem to get any kind of regular posts are the North and South ones (or that's how it looks anyway)

tbh- i think the north forum *should* have more than it does.. maybe because they are under Community> Regional Boards, adds to the problem.. that people dont know that they are there... <but also i think its the best place for it>

Example: Northern Ireland Constitution? posted in Afterhours by a northern -> who has knows all about the north forum, this shows a bit laziness and they want a quick answer..

i am promoting the forum in my sig.. that all i can do. i dont know if it helps, but i have notice if someone wants a good answer to their question - they post it in the forum.

maybe boards should promote the certain forums or sections monthly?? i dont know... :confused:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

I agree, youd think more people would post in the abroad section as well, as many people are going to the states for holidays and to England...I think people just dont know it is there or what it is for...maybe we need a bit of advertising?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

One of the problems I see with the Abroad forum is that it directly competes with the Travel/Holidays forum which is a lot more prominent. It's a strange forum actually because whereas posters on the other regional boards would have something in common, what would a poster in London have in common with a poster in LA apart from being abroad?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Perhaps Abroad should split into UK and USA at least, and see from there if there's a need for any others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Originally posted by Cloud
    Perhaps Abroad should split into UK and USA at least, and see from there if there's a need for any others.

does the UK include the north? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

the abroad forum was split in the beginning...it was origianlly two separate forums..USA and LONDON. It was changed however to the ABROAD forum..
    I am not sure what the reasoning was but I cant remember if they each had more traffice apart than together or not.
    We can always give it a go I suppose.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Originally posted by Johnny_the_fox
    does the UK include the north? ;)

NEVER!

you know what? i dont even care anymore......

Advertisement