Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cd decks?

• 10-06-2004 9:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭

Hey I was just wondering if anyone has had much experience with top quality cd decks. I'm thinking of turning to the dark side soon and have been checking out decks like the Pioneer CDJ 1000.

I like all the extra features but the main thing is functionality. Is it possible to control the cd the way you can a vinyl? What is the jog wheel like?

Cheers for any help.

BloodBath

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭theone

I'd definitely recommend the cdj 1000 but it's a bit pricey although it's the standard in most clubs as we speak.

I'd go for the cdj 800 more or less the same as the 1000 nd a fair bit cheaper,the vinyl emulation mode on them is top notch.I hate that digital stutter of the cdj100s but it's workable once you get used to it.

The cdj100s isn't as good as both the 800 nd the 1000 but if ur not that big on scratching thats the one to go for allot easier on the pocket as well.

The new technics cd deck is no where near what i expected but it has the technics brand name nd it looks the business but pioneer wins out at the end of the day.

Another option for you would be denons table top player it has some amazing features including it's alpha track mode it can play two tracks from the same cd simultaneously but i cant see club owners changing from the pioneer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Cheers yeah I wouldn't get anything but the pioneers. They are the best and have been for quite some time in the cd market.

Technics are over-rated. I've never been a huge fan of them. Vestax equipment is a lot better in my opinion in the vinyl market.

Hmmm so I guess it's the cdj-800 or 1000. I know they cost a fortune but I want the best. I'm looking for really good vinyl emulation with all the sexy extra features that cd decks can provide. The looping/sampling saves me having to fork out a fortune for a mixer as well.

BloodBath

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭theone

u shud consider the denon though aswell
    here's a pic of it
    159035.jpg

I was quoted €725 for the cdj 800 thats in ireland ,you could probably get it cheaper else where,find a uk online store then knock them down by sayin u got it offered to you 50 quid cheaper from a competing store it seems to work.

If it's looping ur into then the 800 does that better than the 1000 it has a looping function similar to the cycloops synch's up the loops to the audio source that ur currently monitoring, I may be wrong the new 1000 mkII may have it aswell.

Advertisement