Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Polling Stations

Options
  • 10-06-2004 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I recently registered for the supplement register of voters in Waterford City. I did this before the cut-off date for the local & European elections (May 22nd, I think).

However I haven't received a polling card, and, although I know I don't need one to vote as long as I am on the electoral register, I don't know where the polling station is at! As usual, the Waterford City Council website is about as useful as a nun in a brothel.

Is there anyone living in Waterford City who can tell me where they are at? I am living in Ward 3 (Ursuline Court). I assume my station is probably the Ursuline School, but I don't want to be wandering about like a spare part before I go to work tomorrow morning!

Cheers,
    Glenn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Ask you local garda station - they should know as they will be sending a garda to be on duty there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Originally posted by Victor
    Ask you local garda station - they should know as they will be sending a garda to be on duty there.

I'll do that - thanks!

Rang Garda station - didn't "have a clue".

Rang Waterford City Council after-hours 'emergency' line (which transpired to be the Fire Station) - didn't know either.

Hooray for public services! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Annoyingly I don't know where my polling station is either (I've voted in different stations the last few times). And no voting card. Apparently Brian Geoghan's sister is running as a candidate for the PDs in my ward for the local elections so turning up and even putting FF higher on the ballot might be a good idea.

There's a candidate who lives on my estate who should be able to tell me where to vote - I'll give him a ring tomorrow morning. I might have a wander around first though, as I suspect it's probably the Ursuline school.

• Advertisement

Well, it was the Ursuline school, but I needn't have bothered because Waterford ****ty Council didn't put me on the register.

****ing muppets. :mad:

Originally posted by Glenn
    Well, it was the Ursuline school, but I needn't have bothered because Waterford ****ty Council didn't put me on the register.
    Go complain on Monday.

Go complain on Monday.

Don't worry, I will!

Why the electoral register isn't linked to the PPS system is beyond me...

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Originally posted by Glenn
    Why the electoral register isn't linked to the PPS system is beyond me...
    I've wondered about that. For the most part it seems like a good idea. Is there anyone entitled to vote that isn't entitled to a PPS number?

People who are resident here, but are neither economically active nor claiming health or welfare benefits.

It would largely comprise temporary workers sent from their home country (and technically employed and earning in that other country), business people, students, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

People who are resident here, but are neither economically active nor claiming health or welfare benefits.
    I grant you that they wouldn't need a PPS number, but are they actively prevented from having one?

Advertisement