Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eircom offer

• 10-06-2004 11:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭

I would appreciate any help on this one. I got an "offer" from eircom to participate in a trial of broad band in my area (Dublin 16). They are offering free technicial installed broadband connection, free broadband modem and free rental for the period of the trial (june 04 to jan 05) Any idea if it is a real trial or just another marketing gimmick?

Sounds tempting though!

David

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

That would be a 7 month trial, if true.

it wasnt one of their door to door salesmen was it :D ? God, they have reinvented the winback mob as BB salesmen albeit with the same ethical underpinnings it seems.

have you a copy of the offer in writing ?

I'm sure all of D16 would take a 7 month free offer and not just your good self , there is a 2.7 month offer running in the rest of the country by the way, ends 31/08 IIRC

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭frodi

Came in post personally addressed. Mind you i did express an interest in broadband years ago when they started talking about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

No time - detailed - reply.
    Bed, leaving.

Take it,
    i was on it,.rip the **** out of it 0- download as much as you possibly can
    wont be charged
    all freee
    i was on it in ennis
    night,

Could you post the exact wording and check that the wording on the app form is the same as the wording on the bumf that came with it, the app form is the contract you see :( .

Even better scan it and upload it, what is the phone number to ring and is there an offer code ?

M

No app form, just offer letter so far. See below for wording

Dear Mr David~,
    eircom is continually investing in our network and looking at ways to bring the benefits of new technology enhancements to the homes and businesses of our customers. As part of this process, eircom is conducting a trial of an optic-fibre based telecommunications platform in your area. This new platform will allow us to provide enhanced broadband access to customers.
    Broadband transforms how you use the internet, with speeds up to ten-times faster than normal dial-up access, access to enhanced content on-line and the ease and convenience of an always-on connection. In addition, your existing phone line is left free to make and take calls.
    We are looking for an I,Jmber of customers t o participate i n this trial f rom June 2004 to January 2005.
    In return for agreeing to be part of this trial, and agreeing to take part in a telephone based survey of not more than 20 minutes duration at it's conclusion, we are offering:
    1 .free technician-installed broadband connection .a free broadband modem
    .free broadband rental for the period of the trial (which includes all internet access charges)
    You will continue to be billed as normal for your existing phone line, equipment, services and voice calls.
    Once the trial is over you can choose to avail of an eircom broadband product, or to simply disconnect. There are no obligations to continue once the trail period is over and you won't be charged for the connection or modem in either case.
    In order to take part in this trial you must have a telephone line and a computer with minimum system requirements, which are detailed on the attached sheet.
    If you are interested in becoming part of this trial or would like to get more information please call me on 01-701 7788. I look forward to hearing from you.
    Yours sincerely,
    ~~ Michael Browne

• Advertisement

Originally posted by frodi

If you are interested in becoming part of this trial or would like to get more information please call me . I look forward to hearing from you.

Cool, it may not be ADSL at all you lucky lad, VDSL maybe at 16Mbits :D

That is not the normal ADSL sales number .

M

I'll ring in the morning and keep ye all updated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭query

It is a real trial limited to a small number of customers on that particular exchange.

Yep, I can confirm that it is a real trial of fibre optic based DSL. It's being offered to everyone in the estate. When the trial is over we have to go back to regular flavour DSL. Free even faster BB I'm signing up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Originally posted by frodi
    Yep, I can confirm that it is a real trial of fibre optic based DSL. It's being offered to everyone in the estate. When the trial is over we have to go back to regular flavour DSL. Free even faster BB I'm signing up.

:p Jammy gits, what exchange are you on, if you don't mind me asking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Originally posted by Muck
    Cool, it may not be ADSL at all you lucky lad, VDSL maybe at 16Mbits :D
    A friend of mine was testing that more then a year ago - €ircon are still testing it!!!:rolleyes:. We may see this rolled out in 15 years or so.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

What estate are you in in dublin 16...

please be mine, please be mine.

Off Whitechurch Rd

Advertisement