Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quieter Radeon 9800 Pro Fan

Options
  • 10-06-2004 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭

In my quest for a quieter computer i've already replaced my Shuttle SN45G's PSU to a 250w SilentX one and the stock fan to a Noiseblocker S3. The only thing left that is really bothering me is the 9800 pro fan. What quieter alternatives can I get for it - keep in mind that it's SFF so anything that would take up two PCI slots is out of the question. I've heard some good things about the Vantec Iceberg - this any good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

I think the vantec iceberg is prob one of the best solutions considering. With normal cases you could just pop on an artic cooler or Zalman HP but totally different with shuttles.

The iceberg isint silent but should give you some noise reduction. Ive heard of people reducing the speed via fan controllers........ mite be an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

I've seen recommendations for
    • Evercool vc-re
    • Vantec Iceburg
    • Titan TTC-CUV2AB fan (with ATI stock heatsink)
    • Verax G03

I'll have to check them out in detail though, as in my shuttle the AGP slot is right against the case (PCI slot is the other side).

Have a look here from what i thought was a pretty good review............. http://www.madshrimps.be/?action=getarticle&number=8&artpage=581&articID=149

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

Hmm I think i'm going to go for the Evercool VC-RE based on recommendations in Sudhian Forums and the above review (Thanks COL_LOKI).

Yea actually having a look at the review again that seems like the best one, and prob the quietest also !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Enlil_Nick cheeck ya pm pls.

Cheers Adam

Advertisement