Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.doc, .wps, etc.

Options
  • 10-06-2004 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

I'm currently using Microsoft Works Word Processor but it saves everything in wps by default. You can't upload .wps files on a lot of site. I know I can select save as .doc in the drop down menu but I forget a lot of the time, is there anyway to make it save a .doc by default?

Also, I was using Open Office as my default word proccessor but I changed it back to Microsft Works, all my documents still have the Open Office icon. How do I change this back to Works?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

the icon thing is usually just a file association.

Right Click (on the file) -> Open With -> Choose Program.
    • Select Works from the list
    • Check the box "Always use the selected program..."
    • Hit OK

As for the save thing, I don't know about Works, but in Word:

File -> Save As.
    • In the Save As window
    • Tools -> General Options
    • Save Files As: (choose your option).
    hth.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

try something stupid ..

AFAIR Works is very similar to Word (version 2 that is)

you could try renaming the files to .DOC (prob won't work)
    or save to .RTF if no option for .DOC

Don't forget that OO can be setup to save files in Word format by default too. (and you have to select UK to the spell checker to work etc.)

Advertisement