Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you vote tomorrow?

Options
  • 11-06-2004 12:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭

Will you vote tomorrow?

I will.

I firmly believe that not to vote is to fail in a duty to your country.

A democratic society bestows rights on its citizens but responsibilities too.

One of those responsibilities is to vote.

Will you vote on June 11th? 27 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 27 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I will as usual vote but it is your right not to vote as well.

However you do not have a right to bitch about how bad the government etc are if you didn't bother to get up off your ar$e and vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Originally posted by arcadegame2004

Wrong.
    Originally posted by gandalf

it is your right not to vote as well.

However you do not have a right to bitch about how bad the government etc are if you didn't bother to get up off your ar$e and vote.

Right.

I'll be voting of course, always have done and always will do. But its a choice we are all entitled not to make if we so wish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

Wont be vorting cuz I'm not registered. I wonder what % of people under 25 are not registered. I would vote yes but I don't care either way. General Elections - Dont really care, doesn't matter who wins or looses, What exactly will change? European Elections - We are a minority in europe so I don't really know why that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

^what gandalf said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭uncivilservant

Originally posted by arcadegame2004
    Will you vote tomorrow?

I will.

"... the state's nature is superior to that of the sum of the individual's comprising it, and that they exist for the state rather than the state existing to serve them."

• Advertisement

Ah now there's quite a relevant quote. Get it from a site with a picture of rods & tree branches wrapped around an axe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭uncivilservant

Originally posted by sceptre
    Ah now there's quite a relevant quote. Get it from a site with a picture of rods & tree branches wrapped around an axe?

All hail wikipedia.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Originally posted by gandalf
    I will as usual vote but it is your right not to vote as well.

Im too young to vore :( , can I still bitch ?

Originally posted by Big Ears
    Im too young to vore :( , can I still bitch ?
    Of course you can. Your excuse is even better than "I was out of the country on me holliers so I couldn't vote".

And obviously far better than "erah, all those hoores are the same so I never vote, country's gone to the dogs blah blah..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

i would have to drive 54 miles(there and back) to vote, probably cost me €10 in petrol and waste over 2 hrs, and when i am working all night every night this weekend,i don't have time to spare

so guess i wont be bitching after this final rant --bloody cost of petrol, blood tax making me work shift to compensate, and the weather, christ yadda yadda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,807 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I will be voting .
    In the local elections I have a duty to keep the corrupt candidates out.
    I will also vote in the Referendum .
    However the European candidates in the South are a joke.
    Not a decent candidate among them.
    I am convinced if an old boot lying in the middle of the street had Fianna Fail backing it would be elected.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

I will be be voting, yes, seeing as its my first time being on the electorate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭PunyHuman

Yes, I will be voting.

I agree with what Gandalf said above about it being one's constitutional right not to vote, but I do believe that it is one's moral responsibility, as a citizen, to do so. Ignoring that responsibility is...well...irresponsible. The problem is that people, including myself, are too easily swayed by arguments on either side. One of the highest compliments you can give someone is that their ideas are their own.
    Dont really care, doesn't matter who wins or looses, What exactly will change? European Elections - We are a minority in europe so I don't really know why that matters.

Apathy helps nobody, elvis2002. Your opinion, and your vote, counts.
    Your excuse is even better than "I was out of the country on me holliers so I couldn't vote".

-- It strikes me that there should access to the postal voting system for people who are out of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭clearz

I wont be voting because its now 4:46 in the morning and it looks like ill be fast asleep when the voting will take place.:D

Originally posted by clearz
    I wont be voting because its now 4:46 in the morning and it looks like ill be fast asleep when the voting will take place.:D

You can vote until late this evening. Get out of that scratcher!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by therecklessone
    You can vote until late this evening. Get out of that scratcher!
    Now that you mention it - how late do the polls stay open?

9pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Alternatively, he could have plonked down in front of the TV with a few beers and waited the 2hrs and 14 minutes until the polls opened. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by therecklessone
    9pm.
    Ah grand, plenty of time. 7.30 sounds like a good time. Probably be busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

I'll be voting straight after I finish work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement