Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlook Express

Options
  • 11-06-2004 3:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

Hi

Is there a way to stop outlook express from opening pictures in emails inside the preview window. This would stop spammers from verifing my email when I click on the message to delete it. I dont want to turn off the preview window.

Thanks
    John.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

I don't think there is a way ( could be wrong though).

I think it's one of the features that upgrading to 'big Outlook - Outlook 2000/XP/2003 gives you.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I use TheBat! for mail myself, it has that feature built in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,194 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

you could turn off the preview pane: view > layout

double click to open messages then.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭TheWolf

Thing is he doesnt want to get rid of the preview

• Registered Users Posts: 9,194 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

why didn't I see that sentence :confused:

did a bit of searching to make up for my blindness....

Service Pack 2 will add an option in OE to block images:

oe6sp2.gif

more imformation on it here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭fragile

Originally posted by RobertFoster
    Service Pack 2 will add an option in OE to block images:

thats for Windows XP, if youre not using XP the only way to disable images is to turn off the Show Pictures setting in Internet Explorer, of course this means you wont have any images when browsing the web if you use Internet Explorer..

There seems to be a dislike on this forum to suggesting alternative applications when people have issues with Microsoft products, but im going to suggest something anyway..

Mozilla Thunderbird for email (allows you to disable images, along with many other security settings)

Mozilla Firefox for browser

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭clearz

I am using windows XP so it looks like service pack two will sort that out. When is it out anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

I'm using XP SP2 and it's seems fine, if you look around you'll find it (popular bittorrent site has it

Advertisement