Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clicksilver settings

• 11-06-2004 11:48am
    Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭

I ordered Clicksilver last Friday and have just got an email that my line is activated and my modem should arrive early next week. Now being an impatient kinda guy I was wondering if I could use a borrowed USB Cayman Netopia (supplied for eircom broadband) just to get me up and running for the weekend.

If so what settings do I need ? Also do I need the micro-filters - I don't have any ?

EDIT: Should have practiced what I preach - a google got me http://u.tv/support/ans.asp?id=458&category=broadband&region=ie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭tomk

Settings are:

PPPoE
    VPI: 8
    VCI: 35

As UTV are reselling Eircom's service, the Netopia will probably just work with no changes required.

If you can make sure nobody uses a phone/fax/other while you're online, you won't need the filters. They are needed to isolate normal phone gear from your DSL gear, but the Netopia itself doesn't need them.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Thanks..

I'll ensure that no-one touches the phone while I'm online then !

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Broadband is great !

After a brief problem owing to the fact that I didn't have the netopia CD and couldn't download it anywhere I got setup using ethernet and boy am I happy...

Advertisement