Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another Home Game (Fri 11th)

• 11-06-2004 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭

I only made it into the Fitz once this week, therefore I feel I need some more practice before Saturdays BSOP heat :) Anyway planning a single table tournament tonight for €10 with one re-buy or top-up for same amount. Hoping for about 8/9 players which should make a decent pot with possible hot cash game action afterwards if people are up for it. Post here or drop me a PM if you're interested.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

hi Ken,

where you based and what time you kicking off at.

have to go to rathfarnham to vote (NO and Labour btw in case anyone reads this and is undecided)
    and may not get back to town til 9

Thanks,
    Karl

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Am based on Lwr Mount Street - literally just around the corner from the Fitz. I'll PM everyone who's interested later with the exact details.
    9pm sounds fine for a starting time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,841 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I'd be into the tournament if it was freezeout baby! hehe.
    But what kind of cash game action can I expect after? What we usually do is 5c per unit, get 200 units, blinds 2+4(units), you can't buy in more than the chip leader, so if first hand is all in between 2 blinds and everyone else folds and one guy has 400, then the loser can only buy up to 400 back in €20. Just to keep it slightly sane. You could win about €80 on a good night at 5c, lose about €40 on a bad night. All depends on the game really. I would be interested. PM me your mobile number and if I'm up for it later tonight I'll ring to see what the craic is.

I've no idea what kind of cash game will happen if any. The Tournament is the primary game and if people want to play a cash game after thats fine but we'll have to organise it at the time depending on numbers who want to play, how much they want to play for etc etc. Theres a couple of non-boards people coming so would have to wait till tonight to discuss it with them too. Nevertheless your format sounds reasonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Sorely tempted but can't do it tonight. Maybe next time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

have pmed you Ken.
    I think our current cash game way of doing things works fine.
    €5 for 1000 chips/units, blinds 25/50, you can play as tight/loose as you like as the blinds aren't that big compared to the stacks.

count me in (ish)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

mathematically our game is almost identical to Cormies.

Multiple both ways of doing it by 100

cormies:
    5c = 200 chips... blinds 2/4
    => 5Euro = 20,000 chips blinds 200/400

Ours
    5euro = 1000 chips.... blinds 25/50

The ratio of chips to blinds for 5euro is almost identical. 1000:25:50 versus 1000:10:20

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

Count me in if there's still a spot.

I too have to get home to vote. Tis 9 for the tourney?

Yup Henbane you're in and its nine for the tourney alright. Ill PM you my location now.

There's still one more place available if anyone's interested!!

• Advertisement

My way.

€10 gets you 200 units

200 units, blinds 2/4 200/4=50 (50 big blinds with initial buy in)

Your way.

€5 gets you 1,000 units

1000 units, blinds 25/50 1000/50=20 (20 big blinds with initial buy in)

so if you were to spend €5 in mine, you would get 25 big blinds, and if you were to spend €10 in yours, you would get 40.

It's recomended that you start with 50 times big blind. Well it's majority vote and I can bend both ways. From experience though, I've played more cash games than anything else with my buddies and after many games, this is what we have all come to agree on.

Now that works out at 5c per chip, so we could do 2c, which would be same amount for €4. However, these tend to get quite wild. hehehehe.

I'm not a definite by the way.

Yup - I had you down as a myabe Cormie

There's 7 players so far confirmed and one maybe so I can still take one more player to give us a potential total of 9 players. Which in practical terms is the limit for my apt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

Wow Cormie, you're almost as bad as me when you get a bee in your bonnet about something. ;)

TBH, I hardly think that there's a whole lot difference between the two. The blinds are irritating at worst, but they're inconsequential really compared to how much you get in chips.

BTW Ken, sorry I can't make it tonight, but someday I'll get you back for kicking my ass heads up that time. Have a good one everybody.

if you get more takers, just wipe me off the list, it'll prolly be a last min decision for me:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

Thanks Ken. Good poker and toffee popcorn.

Dev won, Brian 2nd.

Turnabout in the cash game as myself and Ken raced to major stacks and Dev couldn't buy a hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭BrendanB

Yeah, cheers Ken. And I'm liking the decision to attack the mp3 collection rather than risk my hard earned euro in the cash game.
    Brendan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Hi

A friend of mine pointed me in the direction of this forum, Id love to meet up (play poker) with some new players in Dublin. I tend to play mainly online. If theres any games going on over the next while email me at hectorjellly@yahoo.com. I've probably met some of you at the merrion before.

Regards

Daragh

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Most of us check here regularly for home games and nights out. For example Wed, Thurs and Sunday and the most common nights out because of the 20-in and freeroll games.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Decker

Hi HectorJelly,

do you play with the same name on VC? I think I've see you a few times. Might see you in a 25-STT.

Decker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Hey Decker,

Yeah thats me, I'll say hello next time I see you!

Daragh

• Advertisement
Advertisement