Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

France -v- England

• 11-06-2004 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭

Some team news: Terry doubtfull ater completing only 20 minutes of training today.

Carragher more than likely to replace him.

----

Some comments fromScholes and Vieira could make it a heated affair :D

I can't wait :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Originally posted by Axel
    Some team news: Terry doubtfull ater completing only 20 minutes of training today.

Southgate more than likely to replace him.

Difficult. Southgate's not in the England squad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Oops, Carragher. Thanks for quoting it now it will never go away! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Originally posted by Axel
    Oops, Carragher. Thanks for quoting it now it will never go away! :D

No problem :)

I might regret saying this but I don't see anything other than a France win here. England have a dodgy goalkeeper, only one tried and trusted centre back, inexperienced or prone to silliness left backs, no left midfield, Scholes has been crap in an England shirt for years now, and only one real striker (Owen) who had a pretty average season just gone, at best.

Compare this to the French players and I can see England getting stuffed.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Ledley King has trained alongside Sol Campbell in training so it looks like he'll start instead of Carragher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Originally posted by TwoShedsJackson
    No problem :)

I might regret saying this but I don't see anything other than a France win here. England have a dodgy goalkeeper, only one tried and trusted centre back, inexperienced or prone to silliness left backs, no left midfield, Scholes has been crap in an England shirt for years now, and only one real striker (Owen) who had a pretty average season just gone, at best.

Compare this to the French players and I can see England getting stuffed.

As Keane said, Scholes plays better with Utd because he has better players with him! haha!

Also can only see a France win! England r a joke and there is manager isn't world class like they keep telling themselves!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭moby2101

This should be a cracking furious opening 30 mins or so, I think France will go in 1 up at half time,(Zidane) Engerland to throw caution to the wind after 60 replacing Rooney with Heskey.
    Gerard sent off for a second yellow.
    Engerland down to 10 men
    1-1 ith 10 to go

final score 2-1 France .
    France sneak it in the last 5 with Wiltord....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Just my .5 cents worth!!!! :)

Who's reffing it??
    Anyone seen odds on the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Draw and lucky one for england, can see france being well up for it.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭wynters

3-1 France. 18-1 with Patrick Powers

With the exception of Sol Campbell this is probably the worst England defence of all time.

I think Trezeguet could get a couple

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Originally posted by wynters

With the exception of Sol Campbell this is probably the worst England defence of all time.

campbell,Terry (yeah i know he's not playing) and cole in the team of the season. And Neville at right back isn't that bad.

I agree with 3-1 however :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

with people putting so much emfacious on the French game , it would be funny if they won it and lost the other .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by Big Ears
    with people putting so much emfacious on the French game , it would be funny if they won it and lost the other .

Not funny, tragic...:( ;)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Dewey

France to win 2-1 with Rooney sent off towards the end of the game.

I'm telling you, Ronney will lose his cool and be sent off in 1 of the games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I don't think thier Defense is terrible, obviously without Terry it ain't world class but ya can't win em all :)

Their strength is obviously in midfield, where they have definally one of the best in the world, with all players hvaing incredible drive and determination.

I think it'll be a very interesting match, with France maybe just edging it.
    Personally i'm rooting for England, i really want Scholes, Beckham and Owen to get something at an international level

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

It will be a low scoreing draw 1-1 2-2

Im hopeing england wins though tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

France to win 2-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I want England to win this. I don't think they will but what the hell it would be nice to see them beat the French (plus a bonus for us in demoralising the French for October!!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by gandalf
    I want England to win this. I don't think they will but what the hell it would be nice to see them beat the French (plus a bonus for us in demoralising the French for October!!).

Or give em a kick up the hole that they need and they thrash us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Originally posted by gandalf
    plus a bonus for us in demoralising the French for October!!

I'd like to disagree with that logic.

WC86 : Belgium come 4th
    EURO92: Denmark WIN.
    WC98 : Croatia come 3rd
    Euro 2000 : Holland reach semis.

Whilst I'm not happy we're up against France next season, clearly (for whatever reason) the better these teams perform in their finals the more it affects them when it comes time to play us in the next set of qualifiers. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

1-1, Henry to open the scoring and Owen to save them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Originally posted by wynters

In all honesty, as much as I hate Neville he is one of the best right backs in Europe. Its not a position where there is a huge amount of outstanding talent. He is extremely consistent. And if Ashley Cole can keep out Wayne Bridge he cant be that bad. Terry and Campbell speaks for itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

Originally posted by Jivin Turkey
    In all honesty, as much as I hate Neville he is one of the best right backs in Europe. Its not a position where there is a huge amount of outstanding talent. He is extremely consistent. And if Ashley Cole can keep out Wayne Bridge he cant be that bad. Terry and Campbell speaks for itself.

He is defenitley one of the best rights backs at the moment . Ashley Cole is good but is not the best. Csmbell is good. They have a good defence thereand I cansee them going far in the tournament

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Originally posted by phenom
    He is defenitley one of the best rights backs at the moment . Ashley Cole is good but is not the best. Csmbell is good. They have a good defence thereand I cansee them going far in the tournament

I personally rate Bridge ahead of Cole, and probably one of the best left backs in Europe. But SGE has worked with the two of them and must see something. So Cole mustnt be that bad.

Advertisement