Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which MP3 Player is best...??

Options
  • 11-06-2004 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I need a nice small MP3 player I can use while running. I want to transfer my CD's on to it so I want one that can hold a lot of songs. Was looking at the Apple iPod mini but think this is more stylish than functional.
    Was also looking at some Creative Labs models but am not sure which 1 to go for. Ideally, I'd love to get one with an FM tuner on it as well.......if anyone can advise me, I would really appreciate it.
    Thanks.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭acid

How many albums do you want to fit on it? A small mp3 player with flash memory is probably better for running and will hold maybe 3 or 4 albums, while a hard drive based model will be bigger, heavier and more expensive but can hold 100's of albums.

If it's the HD based player you are looking for the iriver players are probably the best, but also pricey.
    Creative probably have the best balance between quality and price, while the ipods are way overpriced imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Don't get a hard disk player if you want to go jogging with it.
    Horrible things could result.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

The H-120 (used to be called iHP-120) is a good alternative to the iPOD. It's a 20 GB hard disk based player.Has an FM tuner AND Digital & Analog In/Out - very handy and a built in microphone for recording lectures or the like. I have this model and it's quite good. There are some issues with it you may want to check out at the forums at that site link above, but nothing serious. You can also get a 40 GB version.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Kobie

I've the Creative Labs Muvo2 - 4gig. It's not the cheapest option especially since it's and extra 50 quid for the remote/FM tuner, but it is fantastic. Sound is excellent & it holds 1000+ songs - far more than you could run through!

Advertisement