Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DJ friend looking for a gig!!

• 11-06-2004 2:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I work with a guy from Germany, who is big into Techno and Dance music...

I've heard one of his cd's and to me it sounds good... I'll be the first to admit I know fook all about Techno but it sounded good to me...

Anyway.. he left in a few cds to a few pubs in Dublin and has heard nothing back...

My point to him was that they might not cater for that particular audience, which is more than likely the case...

Basically, where are the pubs/clubs in dublin that have techno djs etc, so he can drop in a few cds etc to try and get a gig??

Thanks for your help guys...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭theone

not sure of many pubs that play techno but drop a few cd's into electric city and the tbmc(temple bar music centre) you might have some joy there but it's very hard to break in theres lots of dj's out there.
    fushion inc are putting on a good few techno nights lately aswell.
    If his has ne angle for example if he's played in tresor use that etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

telll him to drop into selectah and spindizzy and drop a few copies of each mix and just ask the guys behind the counter to hand them to any promoters who come in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

cheers lads..

Advertisement