Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New homepage

Options
  • 11-06-2004 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Doesnt look right , needs more last threads and just looks weird.

kdajc
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Overall look - not bad.
    Squiggly lines - horrible.
    Footer - needs to be bigger - the link at the bottom is way to close to the bottom of the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by KdjaC

kdajc

I like it apart from the tiny amount of most recent threads shown

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

login didn't work for me from new homepage, had to go to usercp to log in properly
    looks ok though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

I personally don't like it....

But then I don't like change

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

We fear change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Looks fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Originally posted by KdjaC

kdajc

Exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Pablo

its a bit dark , no ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

I hate change, just when I was getting comfy in the old layout, this new fangled one comes in :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Originally posted by mr_angry
    Squiggly lines - horrible.
    Hell yeah, they remind me of intestines or a lower colon or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Its not just ugly, its less functional as well. Don't do it!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I like it, looks more professional. Still needs work though. The colours are a little dull, the squiggles are a bit dodge, there is too much space above the various forum header buttons, the about us/contact us footer is too compact, and the tags don't work in the news items.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

its really bad at high resolution (1600x1200)
    the old one was much clearer. i'm not a fan of coloured text on coloured backgrounds

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

What's with you crazy young folks and your new hippity-hoppity fangled change? What's wrong with the old groove? I likes seeing more latest threads, and I don't see why we a loosin' this to make more space for Event News...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

YOU'LL GET USED TO IT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

header_right.gif ROFL....

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

in the latest news section none of the urls in the threads can be clicked on.....

Was it always like this i cant remember

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

There's not enought recent posts , other than that it looks ok at high resoultution. I'll probably grow on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Just had terrible hassle trying to log in. The home page doesnt work for me?

Had to use the messages button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

I think it looks great. I like that you have kept the old menus. I agree that it needs more recent threads.

Keep it...people will get used to it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

nice to see a bit of change

can you swap around the thread/ message topic to be message topic /thread

eg
    Feedback / Suggestions: New homepage hedgetrimmer 11-06 15:19

i would prefer

New homepage :Feedback / Suggestions hedgetrimmer 11-06 15:19

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Fixed login issue.
    Upped latest posts to 15.
    Will have a look at replacing spaghetti on background.

Now I'm off for a very late lunch - thanks for all comments, good or otherwise :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Just noticed the soccer moderators board is visible under the new forums list.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

I have to say, I dont like it...

I find it to be very formal. I beleaved the little boards guys on the old home page to be a lot more welcoming and a more personal touch.

I find it very dark as well. In respect to the colour tones used... theres no bright colours, there all dark or dull colours. a bit depressing really.

The latest posts are harder to read. The set sections for "Board" "Topic" and "User" made the old ones alot easer to read.

I also have to say the blue squggly lines are a bit on the naff side... they just dont look like there in the right place (as in they kind of got lost and wondered on to the home page)

I do like where the User icon is now and the new PM's and stuff. Its more the first place you will look, rather than hidden away on the side

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

Loads fast, looks fine, has some nifty features.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Rushing out the door to get to Dublin in time so I can vote and get back to Meath to go to work, but I'll make my brief suggestions, as made on IRC:

1> Change the cyan in the buttons down the left to white, to increase the contrast.

2> Get rid of the squiggles. Either find a better background for the left and right sections or just leave them plain navy. The squiggles on the left look amateurish especially where they show around the edges of the buttons.

3> Apply rollovers to the buttons down the left and across the top so that they light up when pointed at. Apply "title"/"alt" tags with more info to all of the buttons.

4> Give the thread titles their own table cell in the "Last 15" list at the top, so that they appear directly under each other. (Yes, plazzTT's suggestion, but I think its a good one)

Apart from that, I like the inner section and it's enhanced functionality, and the improved loading time. It's just the colours and the design of the edges that throw me off.

Kudos on the good work!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

also in the homepage. When I highlight "Sports" and "Society" in the drop down menu the google ad will hide it. Do you think you could make it do the opposite so the beloved soccer link is viewable?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

dont like it seems clutterd or something but as said before maybe it will grow on me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i just refreshed a minute ago and went WTF? then looked for the inevitable thread in feedback and suggestions and wasn't disappointed :)

comments, differentiate more between the forum and the thread on the recent posts colourwise methinks, more recent posts as well as mentioned, less news and events as some of the latest posts on those go way back.

i think i'll get used to it alright, though the boards guy is gone :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

I like it.

It's got the Search button on the front page that I always wanted.

Ye'll get used to it.

But it would be much easier to read the new topics, if the topic titles were listed directly under each other, ie- in a new table cell.

Advertisement