Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

just voted

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Originally posted by seamus
    Ireland generally seems badly organised that way - no integration.

Never a truer word spoken. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

You are asked to bring ID with you so unless you've pinched the ID, I don't see the need for having a bible there

The problem is that a lot of people don't bring ID with them though and they need to be given a chance to vote. The bible is used for other things as well, like if someone has really bad eyesight or can't physically mark their ballot paper they have to swear or affirm that to allow someone else to mark the paper for them.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Originally posted by seamus
    :)
    Ireland generally seems badly organised that way - no integration. My grandmother was receiving tax free allowance certs, voting registration notices and pension-related mail as late as 8 years after her death.

Some people call it poor integration - others think that too much centralisation of administrative records is the hallmark of an intrusive state - eg the US and their desire to know everything about inbound passengers..

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by parsi
    Some people call it poor integration - others think that too much centralisation of administrative records is the hallmark of an intrusive state - eg the US and their desire to know everything about inbound passengers..
    Flip side is a guy I know who was living in Finland and working in Russia, commuting daily. One morning a Finnish woman complained to the Russian border guard that he was taking too much time and that his customer service was very bad. His response was "This is not customer service. This is Control."

Advertisement