Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

radio one postmortem....

Options
  • 11-06-2004 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

i tuned into radio one the other day to see what everyone thought of papers...it was horrible to hear people saying how EASY the papers were, firstly my mom now thinks i don't have an excuse not to get A's, and secondly i sure as hell haven't found anything "really easy"!! and if i avoid the show, there are students on other stations and newspapers saying it....don't the know that the easier a paper is the harder it's marked??? grrr.........

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭elle

i refuse to listen to the media say how easy a paper was or was not. I'm sorry but unless you were in there sitting the exam, you are not entitled to an opinion. My parents know better than to tell me they "expect" me to get As or whatever, I'm not performing for them, whatever i get is done to myself, but I just hate the media trying to make you feel bad after the exam is over, I mean you can't go back in and make it all right can you so whats the point in killing yourself analysing what you can't change! My strategy, do the exam get out forget about it and move onto the next one! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 graciek

yep im with u all the way on all of that, it's not that my parents pressure me, but they've paid enough money for grinds and study and all that, i don't want them to think it was a waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I was talking to a english teacher and she said she was happy with the paper but it does'nt matter they always give the same A's and B's etc... every year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

The worst thing is in the Irish Times where they have a little box with all the easy exam questions on it, they call it something like "How would you have done?". Belittles the whole exam - the questions they list are a lot more intimidating when you're actually in the exam, under pressure.
    The only decent exam-programme is probably the one on 2FM at 8. Not brilliant, but better than 5-7 live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Originally posted by graciek
    i tuned into radio one the other day to see what everyone thought of papers...it was horrible to hear people saying how EASY the papers were, firstly my mom now thinks i don't have an excuse not to get A's, and secondly i sure as hell haven't found anything "really easy"!! and if i avoid the show, there are students on other stations and newspapers saying it....don't the know that the easier a paper is the harder it's marked??? grrr.........

Yeah, but there'll be media coverage when the results come out and they'll show the percentages of people getting As and Bs and all that and it'll counteract all the "this paper was SIMPLE" stuff that there is at the moment. I haven't been listening to the radio but the Irish Times is generally a bit more balanced - they do actually comment on stuff people might've had trouble with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Just incase anybody hasn't realised... but you can get the exam coverage in the Irish Times for free at Skoool.ie, saves you having to fork out €1.50 for something you probably wont get a chance to read. Same for the Irish Independent coverage... although why anybody would want to read that crap is beyond me.

Advertisement