Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you buy this rare case for €110

Options
  • 11-06-2004 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭

Ive the chance to buy this case (coolermaster 500) for €110 brand new, they arent sold any more and i always really liked it (retailed at £140 when it came out)

Also i like small cases, the only thing is that the psu sits vertically in the case directly over the hsf and overall the cooling is crap.

That said would u buy it (takes atx mobos btw)

Its the case on the left in the piccy ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

yeah its nice, i guess. for €110 i'd like to have a window in it, but that's just me.

is the PSU decent power?

if the cooling is crap its just gonna be a pain regardless of its 'uniqueness'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

I have to say i don't like it. But then these things are personal opinion. Question is, do you want to spend €110 on it? Sounds like you do. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

its a coolermaster lads, they dont come with psus!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Rare stuff are for shelves, not motherboards..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

i've dealt with a case with a vertical psu, will never touch one again, the psu sits directly over the heatsink and fan! leaving about a mm for airflow, the processor heated up to 65degrees and rising in the bios!, then i turned it off :P . If the heatsink was any bigger it wouldn't have being possable to fit it in. You'd nearly need water cooling for the case. But saying that why would they design a case that fits atx mobos unless it somehow worked fine. Nice case all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭axel90

Goto xcase.co.uk great case good prices i got mine there!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭pyrogenx

If i was gonna get that case, i'd have to spend about 300 euro into light, window and fan modding on its own.
    But ur about to do a real good custom mod its a great case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Billybong

nah - go for a monster case, plenty of room for upgrading in future.

What you think of this beast !!!???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

meh...its ok, check out the casemods section in my sig.:D

CombatCow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Originally posted by Billybong
    nah - go for a monster case, plenty of room for upgrading in future.

What you think of this beast !!!???
    Did you mod that, or is it stock, its good, but not my style.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Dont Cyrus, but if it makes you happy to have it then....

They are probably not being sold anymore for a reason and it looks plain enough but its probably a great case to work with. Ya could get better for your money i think

Advertisement