Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal release 17 players

• 11-06-2004 5:29pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭

Professionals:
    Alex Bailey
    Stephen Bradley
    Liam Chilvers
    Craig Holloway
    Nwankwo Kanu
    Martin Keown
    Nicky Nicolau
    Michal Papadopulos
    Paulinho
    Ashley Probets
    Rami Shaaban
    Igors Stepanovs
    Sylvain Wiltord

Scholars
    Sam Kanu
    Dean McDonald
    Dorian Small
    Hassan Sulaiman

Shame Stephen Bradley didn't make it, and it's a little disappointing that Papadopulos is leaving after only a year. Also a pity that injuries plagued Rami Shaaban's time at Highbury.

Of course it's sad to see Keown depart, ditto Wiltord and Kanu. The latter two weren't bad players for Arsenal, they were occasionally brilliant but failed to gain enough consistency. I think most Arsenal fans will wish them well, even if they go to Spuds and Chortleton respectively, as seems probable right now :)

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

And the replacement begins:
    Arsenal har fået tilknyttet endnu en dansker til truppen, idet at den engelske klub har skrevet kontrakt med den blot 16-årige KB-angriber Nicklas Bendtner - det oplyser Tipsbladet fredag.

Bendtner skifter til London-klubben efter sommerferien, og aftalen er kommet i hus efter at den danske angriber var på et firedages ophold i Arsenal.

Han skal i første omgang indgå i klubbens U/19-trup, og selvom KB mister en dygtig angriber, så kan københavner-klubben da i det mindste glæde sig over, at der venter ca 800.000 kroner i kompensation ifølge UEFA's regler om spiller-uddannelse.

www.onside.dk
    Anyone have a link to a Danish -> English translator?

Apparently, according to the article Arsenal have signed Nicklas Bendtner, a 16 year old striker from Danish side KB for €107,000 (compensation), and he will join up with the team at the end of the summer. Competition for Henry? Maybe not :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Arsenal has got attached to another danish to the band , because that the english club has written charter by the just årige KB - aggressor Nicklas Bendtner that discloses Tipsbladet friday. Bendtner swapping to London - the club after the summer vacation , and the agreement is come to cottage after the danish aggressor were at a dance firedages live to Arsenal. He shall first time enter into the club U /19- band , and though KB loses a wicked aggressor , so can be copenhagen - the club when at any rate rejoice by , that there awaiting ca 800.000 features to kompensation according to UEFA's regulations about playing - degree.

eh?:confused:

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

That’s one top class translation m8: p

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I like mine better :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭naitkris

roughly translated it says:

"Arsenal has been linked to another Dane, the English club has signed a contract with 16 year old forward Nicklas Bendtner - according to Tipsbladet on Friday.

Bendtner will be moving to the London club after the summer holidays, and the news came after the Dane was at a party in Arsenal.

He will first start in the clubs u-19 team, and while the Dane is a good forward and will be missed by Copenhagen club KB (were he is at the moment), the club can at the least be happy with ca. 800,000 Danish kroner in compensation due to a UEFA rule."

as i am not Danish but Swedish it may be slightly wrong, but not by much i wouldn't think.

• Advertisement

naitkris as a Swede I'm surprised you even deigned to read Danish! :D

Originally posted by mike65
    naitkris as a Swede I'm surprised you even deigned to read Danish! :D

not too sure what you mean, but i am mod of the Nordic languages forum.

I might be wrong (from watching Lars Von Triers The Kingdom) but I understood Swedes looked down upon thier little neighbour!

Mike.

Originally posted by mike65
    I might be wrong (from watching Lars Von Triers The Kingdom) but I understood Swedes looked down upon thier little neighbour!

Mike.

geographically speaking we do, according to the map of the world anyway :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Christ, that's alot of players they released, if Arsenal had sold some of them last year, they would have a small amount of money from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

My understanding is that Wiltord is leaving using the Bosman ruling.

I had wondered what had happened to him this season, he had played such a big part in previous seasons, I had thought he was injured but essentially he got dropped by Wenger when he wouldn't agree another contract. Its interesting to see how clubs react to players going in this way and their immediate response is to drop them so that they cant get playing benefit and visibility out of it that would keep them in the limelight, etc. The clubs are under pressure to discourage this sort of thing.

Wiltord who would still be a first team player for Arsenal if it were not for this departure was let play again in the last few weeks as a sort of farewell - it looked like that to me.

The Bosman ruling was supposed to bring in freedom of contract but still footballers are "owned" by their clubs ....

It will be interesting to see how Wiltord's career develops from here, whether a year on the sidelines will badly effect him. He has managed to get into the French squad for the EC, but it remains to be seen how well he will play, if at all. He cant be sharp, thats for sure.

I would be interested in hearing what Arsenal fans think of him now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

well as an arsenal fan, i wish him well. Still though, if a player doesn't agree to a new contract and instead is just waiting for the contract to end whats a manager to do? I would have done the exact same thing.

Advertisement