Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insert Title Here

Options
  • 11-06-2004 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭

God, I'm bored at the moment. Waiting to go out for a pint - to relax after the bitch of a week I've had (in from 9am till 10pm each day since Wednesday - getting to bed late, and suffering from a half assed dose of insomnia).

What date are ye finished your exams, and what are ye doing after them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

25th
    logo24.gif

Work after
    logo24.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

18th, after Tech drawing. Only one more week to go. :) But then again I do have Business and Biology on the same day, god why do they do that to us!!!

Eh? You just did two english papers on the same day which I think is harder. Biology really shouldn't be that hard... at least I hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Lantis

Finished 25th, after Japanese.

I'm gonna sleep. I'm gonna damn well SLEEP.

Applied maths on the 25th, god help me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

Well, I'm finished on the 25th after Construction (or is it the 23rd - the Wednesday anyways)

The general plan after that is to do beer bongs in our 'spot' in school, spark a doobie for the first time in almost two months, and leave to a night of drinking etc.

Aprés ca, I have a bit of a job in an internet cafe, a few hours a week. Build pc's and the likes on the side for spare change.

Going to Witnness in July, blah blah blah. Toil my life away. And I'll die alone, upside-down on the floor of a pub toilet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Originally posted by conZ
    Going to Witnness in July, blah blah blah. Toil my life away. And I'll die alone, upside-down on the floor of a pub toilet.

Oxegen. Not Witness. That's sooooo last year. The promoters would smite you down if they heard you call it that. Smite you down I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

I much prefer calling it Witnness. Oxegen's such a gay name. Surely they could have come up with another word with some part of Heineken in it, preferably one they wouldn't have to misspell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭elle

Oxegen sounds like a gardening centre! Bring back Witnness I say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Im finished on the 22nd after chemistry, worst part is I get of this tuesday for 6 days! after french and have physics on monday and chemisry on tuesday!! Its gonna be so hard to sit in and study on those days!!

• Advertisement

Ah here i have French and History on tuesday. Fair enough I finish on Wed but could they not show a little tiny morsel of decency and give us a different day for history!Ah jesus that's probably gonna be my only really stressful day!

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

23rd.

and it should be called Witnness.

Or Wit-Heineken-ness.

My only really stressful day will be Wednesday, I haven't started revising Biology yet :dunno: and I only have 5 days to revise the whole course :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭stuey

finished on 21st with physics. I cant wait. Is it normal to be completly calm even tho you have done no study all year?. My plan of events are:
    21st - Finish test, head to school field with loads of cans and then depending on how locked we'll get we might head into town. We probably headin and just bum around town all night cuase we wont get in anywhere. Not coming home that night. 4 of us are going to play pitch & putt at 9 in the mornin while **** faced.
    22nd - BBQ followed by lots more drink and partying.
    23rd - Go back to school to celebrate Economics being over, even tho i dont do it. Then head to free gaf for a double B-Day birthday and then head to town.
    24th - Going to a ball in Leopardstown with loads of people from school. It'll be deadly.
    25nd - Goin to another free gaf
    26th - Holdin my own free gaf. Its only a warm up party for =>
    2nd July - My huge free gaf when everybody is invited and i'll have 8 crates of free beer. Its going to be a fantastic time

Wow, sounds like a blast. Ooooo... I love BBQs. Haven't had one for a long long time.

only thing is that to go partying for 5 days straight with little sleep is going to be hard. But if i keep on toping up with alco I'll never get tired!!

Or you could just drink lots of coffee or water to counteract the alcohol and drink some more then. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

18th-finish german, go to pub, go home, slut oneself up, curl hair, go into town, get langered.
    19/20th-stagger home (well, get me ma to collect me from whoever's house)
    21st-ceremonial burning of uniforms with a couple of mates. we want to see whose'll burn quickest.
    23/24th get langered with the people who are done then.
    25th-head to big smoke for a few days for BBQ/beachy fun/langerdom/debs shopping.
    2~-attempt to wangle my way to bob dylan

later fruitful employment, sunday of witnness PLEASE BOB, and then inistioge for woodstock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

God, pints with a small group of friends are relaxing. We went for one in the local and usually thronged pub.

****in bangin - noone in there, quiet (though they had to throw on the ****e music that no-one wanted to listen to) and we had a decent chat (for the first time in about half a year, noone mentioned exams or school). Noone under 25 in there apart from us 4..., had a beautiful cold pint bottle, sat in leather bucket seats. Got a can each afterwards and split back to my friends house to watch some irrelevant **** of a DVD.

Very relaxing., head seemingly cleared... Just need a decent sleep before study at ~10 or 12 tomorrow. I need to study Biology, French, Maths P2 (though it's looking like Maths will be my 'fall' subject, and I'll take the points from Pass Irish), and Tech....

I'm finished on the 25th... start work a 12pm on the 26th. In a pub. Working in a pub is *never* good after a hangover....

• Advertisement

jesus christ there are 2 idiots out there that are startin work the day after there leavin. I have a friend whos doing that as well. Ok so you'll be earning money but you miss out on all the fun

Finishing on Wed starting work next monday. Was gonna take the week off but would rather work it and have the extra cash, work is a break after the leaving, well it is for me. I think once u get outta the exams you just wanna get back to some form of normality (and the money part is handy too) rather than just sitting around!

Originally posted by stuey
    jesus christ there are 2 idiots out there that are startin work the day after there leavin. I have a friend whos doing that as well. Ok so you'll be earning money but you miss out on all the fun

Yeah - and if I don't start work the day after then I won't have a job for the summer. Some "idiots" actually need the money. Maybe you'll realise that when mommy and daddy stop fueling your social life.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Finished on the 21st. There is 3 parties. A bbq and mates goin into town. I'll be somewhere. I'll find out when I get there.

Then Witness. And a job. And loads of :D fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

I'm finished on the 25th... start work a 12pm on the 26th. In a pub. Working in a pub is *never* good after a hangover....

yeah christ the stale sort of smell of beer beneath the counter does be awful.... and cleaning out the ashtrays... and the smell of drink in your hands. serving greasy food is a right fu cuk er aswell.

christ, mammy and daddy stopped fuelling my social life when i was fourteen, lucky bastards who still ge that!!

btw, if anyone wants to give me a better job, i'm just a fab worker, and will do anything.

Yeah - and if I don't start work the day after then I won't have a job for the summer. Some "idiots" actually need the money. Maybe you'll realise that when mommy and daddy stop fueling your social life.

I have absoultly no money at all. I have a total of 8.64 euro to my name & I owe my parents 527.50. I just want to have a good time and chill out a bit after the leavin. I just couldn;t bare to go to work straight away that why Im talking a week off to have fun and party

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

I'm budgeting so I don't have to get a job at all for the summer. I expect this plan to spectacularly fail around early August, however. I've got about a grand to burn. But man will it be burnt. To a crisp. Oxegen, Crete, plus a few ****ty little drinking weekends away to Edinburgh and other places around Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Finished art history on the 21st, heading straight to tescos with the lads for drink, pick up some draw, go to friends and drink and smoke, go out, get so tossfaced that i wont care what happens. On the Tuesday, wake up in hospital having lost that extra weight i packed on during the year through having my stomach pumped, shag the girlfriend then hibernate til its time to leave for amsterdam.

I do have an evil revenge plan for having to start work the next day though - I kind of "forget" to charge my friends for drink, and sometimes "forget" that I've already poured a measure into their glasses, so they usually end up with doubles. It's a terrible, terrible thing the way my memory is so **** after exams.

• Advertisement
Advertisement