Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Film based in the North?

Options
  • 11-06-2004 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭

Whats your favourite film based in the North?

Favourite Film? 16 votes

The Crying Game (Stephen Rea)
    0% 0 votes
    In the Name of the Father (Daniel Day Lewis)
    6% 1 vote
    Some Mother's Son (John Lynch)
    43% 7 votes
    Hennessy (Rod Steiger)
    18% 3 votes
    Everlasting Piece (Billy Connolly)
    0% 0 votes
    Other?
    31% 5 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

Voting turnout as high as ever eh?

To be honest N. Ireland doesn't provide a particularily hospitable environment for film makers, much less up and coming ones. I always tell people (once suitably inebriated) that I'd have gone into film making if I'd been born in a different country.

I think The Mighty Celts is currently filming in Belfast (Oooh Gillian Anderson) :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Chada

Return of the jedi - i hear that the bar scenes where shot from belfast in renshaws on halloween night (figures)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Chada

Return of the jedi - i hear that the bar scenes where shot from belfast in renshaws on halloween night (figures)

I take it back.............................................................

It might have been in may. Well you never know what you are gonna see with the legendary Goggles of Beer on :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Axe

Everlasting Piece is a bloody awful film!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭David-[RLD]-

That would have to be Bloody Sunday. Excellent film in my opinion. 5 stars. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

yeah id agree that bloody unday would be one if not the best ni film

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Lainey

the boxer with daniel day lewis.. i loved that film.. was that N.I??... maybe i'm wrong.. great film.. must look at it again..

some mothers son was my fav from the list above.. one i always look at again and again..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭AndRoiD

i voted for the everlasting piece but i think the van should have been on that list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 denismoy

I stumbled across this movie in a video store in killarney and bought it to see how bad it was.I saw a review on RTE that really blasted it.I thought it was great

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The Most Fertile Man in Ireland is funny as feck imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Maccadinho

Axe wrote: »
    Everlasting Piece is a bloody awful film!!

What? You are an idiot of the highest order.

Advertisement